We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kampala for 3 days

Oxford
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
kampala for 3 days

So, a random business trip means I will be in Kampala from saturday morning until Monday afternoon.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do with my time. Is it possible to safari, go to lake Victoria, or anything fun like that?

Or, what could I do in Kampala?

Thanks!

James

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kampala for 3 days

-You can book a group Tour to Murchison falls for the weekend if you have time to do that.

-You can visit Jinja for white water rafting, bungee jumping, quad biking , visit the source of the Nile etc

-You can go to Ngamba Island for chimpanzee tracking and visit UWEC as well.

-In Kampala visit the Uganda Museum and Snake park in Wakaliga in the Evening attend the Ndere Troupe Dancers show in Kisasi

Oxford
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kampala for 3 days

Thanks, I'll look into these!

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kampala for 3 days

What did you do in the end? And would you have time to review your accommodation and places you ate?

Oxford
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kampala for 3 days

I went to the African Craft Market, the Uganda Museum, Ngamba Island, the Ndhere Centre, the Gaddafi Mosque, and Kwikse(sp?) market. Plus a self guided walking tour of Kampala.

I absolutely loved every minute, I didn't have time to stop and sit down, but it was an amazing experience.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
25 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kampala for 3 days

Have a look at this site. Has some good info on day Tours around Kampala and Uganda a whole. Rates from $90 guide2uganda.com/…

Have a nice trip :)

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kampala for 3 days

its possible to do safari in one of the national parks in uganda, for example 2day , 1 night Murchison falls national park or you go to jinja for rafting contact safari company for details

thanks

stephen

Kampala
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kampala for 3 days

Lake Mburo ,Ngamba island and city tour that is two of them.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kampala for 3 days

I think that James has been and gone, if you read the OP dates :)

9. Re: kampala for 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 16, 2013