We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

London
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

As Serena hotel is beyond my budget, can anyone recommend a decent hotel with a swimming pool within walking distance from the town centre?

Thanks

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

Wise words Cali! You are correct when you state the business has changed hands, but the community seems happy with the status quo at the moment. I heard the pizzeria business has been separated, from the GH.

We had MP pizza this evening whilst watching the rugby mmmmm!!

Edited: 2:42 pm, June 16, 2012
Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

Happy Kampala Saturday night Shelly!

Clarification of typo: it should read, "I am not unhappy with.." Golf course hotel.

And Golf Course Hotel is adjacent ot the shopping mall with your highly recommended Banana Boat shop, and and Uchimi (spelling?) Supermarket for the inevitable toiletry I forgot to pack in the pre-trip packing panic.

Shelly, a bit off topic, but speaking of food...have you eaten at The Lawns?

London
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

Wow - $150-170 per night, that's pricey. I might stay at Fairways.

USA
Level Contributor
70 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

I stayed at Fairway Hotel a year ago and it was being renovated. The newer rooms in front looked to be quite nice. The pool was large. They did charge a small fee for pool use. We paid $75 for a HUGE room, including breakfast.

Internet was reliable, but also cost extra per day - not a budget breaker though. I liked being able to walk to Garden City Mall as well.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

Thanks for the feedback hta.

You can get free wireless at Java Cafe, at Oasis Mall next door to GC; and inside in the food court - the pizza place has it. Also MishMash, Acacia Ave, not far from Fairway Hotel - if you need it outside of work that is.

London
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

Thanks, I've booked at Fairway hotel for 7 nights altogether as we'll be heading to Gulu first to see my father and then return for 6 nights and I managed to negotiate the price down from $115 to $105 per night for a double inc breakfast.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

Great, sounds like it'll work well for you.

18. Re: Hotel with swimming pool nr centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 26, 2013