We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good time to visit Kampala?

Austin, Tx
8 posts
Save Topic
A good time to visit Kampala?

Is July a good time to visit Kampala, or Southern Uganda as a whole? Would like to start trip planning either this July or next (July is good due to work holiday schedule).

What is the best time to visit, just for a short vacation?

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

Any time is a good time to visit Uganda or Kampala . Given the spring like weather all year around , Uganda / Kampala is a good place to visit at any time of the year. Even in the rainy season , the sun still shines and rain does not fall all day and neither is it as cold as other places with the same rainy seasons. The same applies to the sunny season .

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

Well I certainly would not call Uganda's weather "springlike" but otherwise I agree with AA's post. Anytime is a goodtime in Uganda.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

Well, you are right Mf . It is actually more of summer like because spring is cold. It is Nairobi that has a spring like climate .

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

July is a high season. You will need to book your gorilla permit as well as accommodation in advance.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

And you may wish to check out the cost of your airfares. July and August are hiked due to great demand.

Is it really only Kampala you want to visit?

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Austin, Tx
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

No, Kampala isn't the only place, I would also like to go to Kigali. Haven't put an itenerary in place yet still looking for ideas. Anytime after this summer is ok I was just thinking July because of my work Holiday schedule.

How difficult is it to cross into Rwanda by bus? Visa, etc..

Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

It is not difficult but you must ensure that you have either a confirmation letter for a visa or a visa for Rwanda if you are not American , British or South African.

The confirmation letter can be obtained after applying for a Rwanda Visa online through their immigration website at http://www.migration.rw.gov.

Note that the verification note that comes after filling the form is not a confirmation letter . The letter is sent to you via email after 2 working days .

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

Not needed!

Clay, there are several different bus operators, you just need to pick wisely. Jaguar coach is one of them, from Narimembe side of town.

I suggest you think of something else besides K'la itself, because it isn't a patch on Kigali in terms of central, easy, moving around and easy things to do or see.

Jinja for example, and all that offers (loads); check Nile River Explorers' website; Adrift; ATV Quad bike safaris. etc etc.

Are you interested in seeing game, as we have loads to offer in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
Jinja
Jinja
Eastern Region, Uganda
dublin ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

stop off in Lake Bunyoni on your way to kigali its a great spot.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A good time to visit Kampala?

How did you travel there ifly?