We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Truckee, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Got a quote for a tailor made safari from Trek East Africa Safari Company. They have gotten back to me quickly and have good prices. But I cannot find any reviews on them. Anyone used them or know anything about them??

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Good to exercise words of caution Sol and remind people, but this kind of thing happens all the time.

There is no restriction on companies asking guests to post reviews and comments though.

Kampala
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Yep; reviews of the company would be great. A trip report would be fantastic.

These one-off wide ranging statements of excellence (but with no real details) seem odd; especially when they are al clustered together like that and all so similar in their singular praise.

Maybe I am too old and jaded, though.

23. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, October 03, 2012
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

"tourism is built on truth and not lies."

Good comment and one to which I subscribe.

But as Sol says, all these OPWs do smell a bit like last weeks Tilapia.

Truckee, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

I didn't use them. I went with a different company that was incredibly affordable and I loved.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Trek East Africa Safari's acronym is TEASe...

with one post wonders.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Teas? One lump or two Vicar?

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

I know this company and its owned by Baluku the secretary of (AUTO) though its not listed on the Association website yet. He also owns balukusguide.com.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

lump of WHAT? ((-:

Magical, thanks for the info.

East Africa
12 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Trek East Africa Safari Company??

Once again I reiterate to say that Trek East Africa Safaris is owned by my self. It is registered by the Ugandan Ministry of tourism and the Association of Uganda Tour Operators where Iam the Secretary to the Board. Am supprised Trip Advisor is allowing these so called "destination experts" who claim to know Uganda more than Ugandans them selves. Looks like some of the so called " destination experts" are having a pay cheque or free safaris from some of the tour companies you are always and have been noted to always try and promote on this forum at the expense of other tour operators. We can assure you we are going to expose you and will even raise a complaint with management of trip Advisor. You have been mis informing potential clients to Uganda but as has always been said there is always the 40th day. This complaint /matter has also been raised by a fellow tour operator from kazinga tours who is also complaining of your mis information. You so called destination experts, you have no moral authority to speak on behalf of Uganda...The Association of Uganda Tour Operators and Uganda Tourism Board should be consulted if or in case of any client queries. As a tour operator in Uganda and Secretary to the Board of the Association of Uganda Tour operators, I must say I am surprised at how some of you so called "experts" are abusing the privilege of advising potential clients to Uganda...As I said before, we will expose you soon. Any clients interested in knowing the membership of the Association of Uganda Tour Operators, please visit http://www.auto.or.ug/members.htm

Get answers to your questions about Kampala