We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central accomm Kamapal

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Central accomm Kamapal

Im travelling end of August to kampala and would like some advice on mid range properties ie: USD 80 - 140 but quite central to city. Ive been recomended some places that are out of the city and about 10 mins drive. As I will be travelling alone, I think central is much safer. Any thought on accommodation and location greatly appreciated.

Uganda
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

I live in Kampala and work with Abacus vacations a tour company in the central Kampala.

With that kind of budget you can get a very good hotel in central Kampala.But also note that all Kampala hotels are safe.You don't need to fear staying 10 minutes outside Kampala assuming that's where you get a good hotel.

Most hotels provide airport picks and drop likewise most tour operators do also airport transfers.

Try visiting a website www.hotelsinuganda.com you will find a lot of hotels matching your budget.

Otherwise in Kampala, Humura Resort fits in your budget,Golf Course Hotel, Mamba Point Guest House and Protea hotel and Fang fang Hotel all fit within your budget and are centrally located.

These are my favorite hotels in Kampala because they are small and provide high quality service.

However,Outside Kampala you cant miss cassia Lodge. Its a beautiful small hotel with great views.

Being a single traveler should not you worry at all.We get a lot of single travelers and it shouldn't be a problem in Uganda.

Wish you a wonderful time in Uganda

Mentioned in this post
Golf Course Hotel
Golf Course Hotel
218 Reviews
Kampala, Uganda
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
2. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:45 am, November 11, 2010
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,993 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

I would also appreciate clarification of the topic title. Renting or just wanting a room?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

So sorry for the misinformation from my side. Im only there for 4 nights so looking at accommodation in hotels. Sorry for that. Please let me know what you think would be best and appreciate your help, Sue

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

Hi, sorry for that I meant accommodation for short time (4 nights). Appreciate your kind help, Sue

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,993 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

Thanks for the clarification.

I would suggest you take a look at Banda Inns.

www.bandainns.com as a homely safe place. there are some reviews on here.

Mentioned in this post
Banda Inns
Banda Inns
157 Reviews
Kampala, Uganda
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

Thanks so much, will take a look at it. Do you also have a recommendation for anywhere in centre of town?? Thanks, Sue

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,993 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

I never stay in towns anywhere if I can help it. Not dangerous I just don't "do" towns.

9. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:41 pm, November 20, 2010
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central accomm Kamapal

Thanks so much for the helpful advise, greatly appreciated.

Sue