We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these hotels should I book?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these hotels should I book?

Only for one night but don't want anything too rustic nor super expensive:

Le Petit Village Hotel

Mamba Point Guest House

Le Bouganviller

Golf Course Hotel

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which of these hotels should I book?

Ahhh, this is very informative. I don't want to spend two days there. I am like you, I'd rather trek. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Which of these hotels should I book?

I've been to Ngamba Island several times. It has indeed become very zoo-like. You have to overnight on the island in order to do the forest walk with the chimps, which is what allows you to actually come into physical contact with them. Otherwise, if you just do an out and back visit, you essentially see them fed - that's it. The last time I was there, I found it very depressing and felt that I was witnessing very little natural chimp behavior.

There is a chimpanzee habituation program offered by the Uganda Wildlife Authority at Kibale, which is superb. They only offer it during the low season months of March, April, May and November though.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which of these hotels should I book?

Thank you. I feel better about leaving it out. I think I am just going to keep the itinerary I have, with the exception of downgrading some hotels to reduce the cost.

14. Re: Which of these hotels should I book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 29, 2009