We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting house/room for summer

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
renting house/room for summer

Hello all, I am a medical student in the U.S. and will be in Kampala this summer for a short-term project from June 8 - August 8. I was wondering if anyone knows of any place where I can rent a one-bedroom apt or rent one room of a larger house, for a low price (sorry.. I'm still a student).

Any advice or suggestions would be great. I lived in Tanzania for a couple years before and have visited Kampala for only a week so I'm not completely familiar with the city. However, I will be working at the clinics in Mulago. Thank you!

1. Re: renting house/room for summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, August 02, 2010
San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: renting house/room for summer

ok, thank you, i will try there

Kla
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: renting house/room for summer

Mulago, Kampala,

For a student on a budget, Muyenga is a very expensive place to live, besides, it is far from mulago.

There are student hostels that are foreigner-friendly within a 5-minute walkable distance from Mulago. Many other foreign students reside in there already. Akamwesi hostel and others nearby just below mulago hospital is an example. Here you are close to Makerere university in case you wish to use the library and Wandegeya suburb with a few decent supermarkets, shops and restaurants for your daily needs.

Jone.

Kla
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: renting house/room for summer

Mulago, Kampala,

For a student on a budget, Muyenga is a very expensive place to live, besides, it is far from mulago.

There are student hostels that are foreigner-friendly within a 5-minute walkable distance from Mulago. Many other foreign students reside in there already. Akamwesi hostel and others nearby just below mulago hospital is an example. Here you are close to Makerere university in case you wish to use the library and Wandegeya suburb with a few decent supermarkets, shops and restaurants for your daily needs.

Jone.

Bangkok
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: renting house/room for summer

I just come back from Kampala. Like Sarama said, Muyenga is a very nice area. Actually on Tank Hill Road of Muyenga, opposite Cafe Roma is a restaurant called "Bebe's Grill". Been there for 3 consecutive nights and found grilled chicken very very superb !!! ( mouth watering just thinking about it !!! ) :)

Anyway, back to your question, this "Bebe's Grill' has rooms for rent too @ USD 30 per night with breakfast. I saw the rooms. They are basic and clean and one room has mountain view too ( but price may be higher ). However, cannot comment more than this because during this trip I stayed with a friend. Just asked the owner to see the rooms out of curiousity.

But one thing to be sure is that it is situated in a nice neighbourhood. Quiet with good road and no dust. Saw a lot of people jogging along the road in the evening. View from the back of the restaurant at night is also very beautiful!

However, I don't know where Mulago is. If it is too far like what Boss12345 adviced, you may just give this restaurant a try during your stay. Highly recommended! They just opened and we are very happy we found them!! I think I have the namecard but just have to find it.

Kampala
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: renting house/room for summer

Hello,

I am a Belgian girl living in Kampala and I share a house with 5 other young expats. One of our house-mates is leaving beginning of June. If you are interested you could take over her room. The costs are about 210 USD per month. Our house is in Naguru (not far from shoprite-lugogo mall) and it is very nice and spacious. We also have a garden with a great view. If you want to know more about it, just contact me...

Jana

7. Re: renting house/room for summer

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:06 pm, February 19, 2016
Kamapala
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: renting house/room for summer

try bandainns.com you can book on line and band inns is also located in muyenga hope its not too late for u otherwise best of luck

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: renting house/room for summer

Hi,

for info naguru is a really nice area and not far from the shops, it's where we stay when visiting our mates in kampala.

if i were u i should condider this offer.

agy

10. Re: renting house/room for summer

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 28, 2009