We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

Hi,

I'm flying into EBB, staying a day or two then off to Rwanda and Tanzania. Since I'm flying out of Entebbe, does this mean I'll need to buy another visa when I come back from Tanzania? Or can I buy a multiple-entry visa at Entebbe to begin with? Thanks for your help!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,180 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

To the best of my recent knowledge you can do this but...

A multiple visa, last time I checked, was about 3 times the cost of a single entry.

So it would be cheaper to buy one on entry and a second on return from Tz.

Check ugandan Tourist board site for latest rates but I think I am right. I do this when, like you ,I go into Rwanda from Uganda for a couple of days and then return. It is always cheaper than a multiple visa which really only kicks in if you are coming and going several times in the 90 days.

Sounds like a good trip.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

Thanks for the advice - I hadn't thought of that!

As for the trip, this is my first to Africa and I'm going solo! Pretty excited! A fourteen-day trip and I'm going to try to squeeze in:

- Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary, Entebbe

- Gorilla Trek at PNV,

- 2 days at Tarangire,

- 1 day at Ngorongoro Crater / Ndutu

- 2 days in Central Serengeti, and

- 2 days on Zanzibar.

Hope all my flight connections work! Any advice or comments are very welcome for this nervous first-timer!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,180 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

Glad to help re visa.

you certainly are goig to cover some distance. Hope you have a good tour guide/ground Agent. If you are driving to Rwanda from Entebbe you will not get Gorilla Tracking the same day as you cross the border. You will not cover the distance from Border to Ruhengire in time.

As for the rest I would be interested in how you get from PNV to Tarangire. You will need some luck to do this unless you have your own aircraft. Kigalia-KIA or Arusha? Then drive 2 hours or fly again?

Sounds fraught! Suggest you post this on Tanzania site and see what Karl or an other expert says.

the rest should be ok, N'dutu you will enjoy but how do you get back from Lobo? RU aware of N Crater fees?? US$100 per half day!! Nearly as expensive as Gorilla permits.

As a 1st timer I do feel you have bitten off a fair slice.

Good luck

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

I've pretty much designed and organized this trip by myself. I haven't got the Tanzania part ironed out yet, but will very soon!

I'm flying as much as I can, for ex. EBB to KGL on Sunday night then trekking on Tuesday morning (gives me a day to relax in Kigale).

Then I fly out again on Wednesday morning to Kilimanjaro and will hopefully get driven to Tarangire (2-3 hours). (that's where I need to find some help making reservations and driving me around places!)

Yeah N Crater fees are hefty but I'm hoping being one person, I might be able to join someone and share costs. Worst case scenario, I cough it up as this is going to be a trip of a lifetime!

After my time on safari, I hope to fly out of Serengeti or at worse, Lake Manyara to Zanzibar in the middle of the following week to have a few days on the beach. Finally I plan to fly back to Entebbe via Nairobi on Saturday morning for my flight to Amsterdam later that night.

As I said, thank goodness for those small planes and airports! I'm not sure if I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I've sure got an appetite! :)

I'm ready to roll with the punches and get as much done as possible in the short time that I'll be there. Thanks for the good wishes and I will post this to Tanzania's board too to see their reaction!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,180 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

Well done, I am re-assured. I had overlooked a direct flight from Kigali. (There are actually shared charters from Kigali to Serengeti)You should arrange a short tour from Arusha to Tarangire and the Serengeti by car. Unless you hop the local inter camp flights. It is a tar road almost to Tarangire and then on to Ngorongoro so relatively quick. Beware touts in Arusha, use a proper Safari firm.

Swala or Hooppoe or Safari Makers are ok but there a lot of Barflies around. Try and fix this up before arrival as you may waste a day hanging around.. If you are using Amsterdam are you on KLM? They fly from DAR too and Nairobi so ask if you could have an Open Jaw ticket, i.e. fly into EBB but back from DAR This would save having to go all the way back to EBB. Probably too late but worth asking.

Buy Bradt guides to Uganda and or Tanzania (or steal one) they are well written and contain trusted Outfits.

6. Re: Multi-entry visa at Entebbe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 26, 2009