We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auto Rental Uganda

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Auto Rental Uganda

If you have experience with this company, "Auto Rental Uganda", located on Entebbe Airport Road, After Kenjoy Super market On Najja Shopping Center Building, 3kms from Kampala City Center, please tell me how it went!

They sound great, offering me a RAV4 with sunroof, "Gold" level expert birding guide/driver and value lodging, all at a good price. The forums are full of warnings about local operators in general, so I would greatly appreciate any reply to this question. Without information specific to this company, I can't distinguish them from the great unknown.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Entebbe Airport
Entebbe Airport
Entebbe, Uganda
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
37 replies to this topic
Diegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

Juist terug van een fantastische trip van 14 dagen doorheen Uganda met Auto Rental Uganda!

Met een groep van 15 personen maakten we een tocht doorheen de "Parel van Afrika" met onze 2 gidsen en chauffeurs Alex en David... Reeds op de luchthaven van Entebbe om 2u s'nachts stonden ze erop ons een warm welkom te geven.. Het was de start van een geweldige rondreis ... De jeeps waren goed onderhouden , de chauffeurs waren voorzichtig en betrouwbaar. ARU gaf ons een excellente service. Alex en David waren meer dan chauffeurs , het waren ook nog eens professionele gidsen.. Toffe , vriendelijke ,open, sympathieke, enthousiaste mannen die steeds klaar stonden , de omgeving op hun duim kenden , de lokale taal spraken, overal hun weg wisten, en dan nog eens alles over de dieren kenden. THEY ARE GREAT!! We hadden tijdens de lange ritten veel fun en verveelden ons geen minuut ...Uganda is een prachtig land , maar dankzij Alex en David werd het een reis om nooit te vergeten. We hebben van elke minuut genoten. Ik beveel ARU zeker en vast aan iedereen aan die op een unieke manier Uganda wil ontdekken met heel veel contact met de plaatselijke bevolking.... Het was een reis met beleving in het kwadraat. Ik kijk al uit naar volgend jaar.. dan plannen we terug een trip in Uganda .. en het zal zeker en vast terug met Alex en David zijn!!!

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

I have just spent 9 days in Uganda and used Auto Rental Uganda for self drive car hire.

From my first contact with Auto Rental, I was hugely impressed with them. They provided all the information that we needed, offered to help us with the planning of our trip, and were very flexible with pickup/dropoff of the car.

The car itself was in good condition and we paid extra for the camping gear, which was also excellent quality. Furthermore, they offer a competitive price and are provide support whenever it is needed. I have used many rental car companies all over the world and must say that Auto Rental Uganda was one of the best rental experiences that I have had. I would recommend them to anyone looking to travel to Uganda.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

We rented a RAV for 4 days and had a very good time. The service was very personalized, the staff was friendly and professional. We got the car delivered to our desired location, everything was as expected and the car in perfect condition.They offer very competitive prices compared to other companies.

I would book there again anytime.

Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

We are spent 9 days with this company and all has been perfecto for us. We hace has a ver really good Driver with us (Emma) and the services of a translater (Catherine) who has been the best of our trip. She was like one more of our team, always thinking in us, and fighting with everyone for to do our trip te best trip ever.

Before to arrive to Entebbe, Alexis always has answered all our questions, make us the preparaciones really easy.

So thanks for everything, they are a ver trusted team!!

Mentioned in this post
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
Kfar Saba israel
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

12/11/2016

Hi, we rented a car with driver (Alex Guma) from Auto rental Uganda. Our trip around Uganda last 12 days.

It was wonderful. It cost us 100$ US per day, car and driver. car only 70$. Alex was a great driver and guide. He knew many thing, from biology to geology roads conditions and prices of hotels.

we saved money with his good advise, like where to sleep, what time to get into the NP. In Queen Elizabeth NP we paid for 2 days , 48 hours but have been 3 days. first day, afternoon. second day full day in the park. Third day morning game drive leaving to Kasese before 14:00. save of 80$.

WE had a great journey visiting special things like safari cafe, traditional Ugandan meal in Banana leafs, the Rwenzory Mt, and more.

We highly recommend Alex Guma and Auto rental Uganda.

As all the above we also did not pay the all amount upfront.

Till next visit in Uganda,

Regards from ISRAEL

Tony and Koby KARNI

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Queen Elizabeth National Park
Queen Elizabeth National...
Western Region, Uganda
Kasese
Kasese
Western Region, Uganda
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

After checking out several car rental companies by bike in Kampala we decided to rent a Toyota Land Cruiser with Auto Rental Uganda for self-drive for 15 days with camping gear and we could not be happier with our choice.

The car was in perfect condition and also the camping gear fitted our needs perfectly. And I don’t think you will find a better price to rent a car in Kampala.

The local owned company has really competent and friendly staff. The owner Alexis was available to help at every time of the day and night. One Example: After a self-inflicted driving error we had a leakage of oil below the engine compartment. We called Alexis and he helped us out just perfectly. He has a very good network of car repair shop-owners all around the country so we went to the next city and a very competent mechanic fixed the problem in less than 2 hours. You're definitely in good hands if you rent a car from them.

We can not recommend Auto Rental Uganda highly enough. We were happy with their car, service, equipement, and most of all the staff. It was a great way to experience Uganda by self-drive.

So thank you very much once again!

Edited: 5:25 pm, November 12, 2016
Mentioned in this post
Kampala
Kampala
Central Region, Uganda
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

I booked Auto Rental Uganda after stumbling along this thread, attracted by the fact that there wasn't a full up-front payment, and that we would be booking through a local Ugandan company and thus contributing to the country.

We (2x 29 year old female friends) were torn between wanting to self-drive and joining a tour, and by hiring a driver and a car, we found a very happy medium. We initially planned to have a driver for the first 4 days of our 12 day trip while we figured out the roads and familiarised ourselves with the driving, but after 2 days, we knew our trip would be so much better if we retained the local knowledge and company provided by our driver Emma.

We were met by Shamim and Emma at the airport, and set our own route for the following 12 days. Shamim booked accommodation en route ahead of time, but the itinerary was ours to change if we decided to - at Lake Bunyonyi on the Easter weekend, for example, we decided on a last minute accommodation change, and Emma sorted the cancellation so smoothly we knew nothing about it. Though Emma was in theory a driver, he provided knowledge and information on logistics that was invaluable - simple things like having to get to national parks by a certain time to make ferry crossings, or booking us on to the preferred river cruise as he knew which company was best. If we had travelled independently, we would never have made such efficient use of our limited time. After we changed our mind on day 2, there was absolutely no issues with Emma extending his booking - and though he had another tour booked toward the end of our trip, Shamim arranged for a seamless transition to another guide for our last 2 days. It was great to meet another member of her team.

Auto Rental Uganda is a simple concept, done really well. I would not hesitate to recommend the cars if you want to self-drive, and I would not hesitate to recommend Emma - so much more than just a driver, he is full of personality and happily and patiently answered our many questions about his country! We had a wonderful holiday and we would do it the same way if we returned.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Lake Bunyonyi
Lake Bunyonyi
121 Reviews
Kabale, Uganda
Diegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

Just returned from a fantastic trip of 15 days through " The pearl of Africa" with Auto Rental Uganda(ARU).With a group of 9 people I make once again a fabulous trip through Uganda with my friends Alex and david, the drivers of our 2 jeeps. It was the second time I visited Uganda. Because my first trip in september last year was so nice I decided to visit once again Uganda with a group of Belgian people. Already at the airport of Entebbe they gave us a warm welcome. It was the start of a great trip. We were a great team. The jeeps were well maintened, the drivers were carefull and reliable. ARU gave us excellent service. Alex and David were more than drivers, they were also professional guides , friendly , open , enthousiast, they knew everything and everyone. They spoke the local languages and knew all about the animals. We had a lot of fun in the jeeps during the long distances. We saw and experienced so many exciting things . We were overwhelmed by the quantity and diversity of the animals we saw. We shall always remember the beauty of the country and his people. Alex and david YOU ARE GREAT!! You never know I come back.. and when I plan a third trip with a group it will be definitly once again with Alex and David of ARU!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

I agree. When I return to Uganda, I will surely use my friends at Auto Rental Uganda again. They bailed me out of all sorts of trouble last time. I felt totally protected by my team and I was sure glad they had my back.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
geneva
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Auto Rental Uganda

isn't there a reason to be suspicious when most people have only posted once? just saying......

Reply to: Auto Rental Uganda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted