We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Topic
Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

I got to Kabale late at night, and after a short conversation in the morning with the staff at Engagi Safaris (located in Kabale's Backpackers), they were able to get me a permit to see the Gorillas in Bwindi for the next day! they made all the arrangements. With a smile and for a fair price.

Advised!

Mentioned in this post
Kabale
Kabale
Western Region, Uganda
Bwindi Lodge
Bwindi Lodge
160 Reviews
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

Lucky you.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

Great work Engagi Safaris

Rio de Janeiro, Rio...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

I advise too!!! I would spend 2 or 3 days getting permit, and I could arrange everything fast and easy with Engagi Safaris. Besides, they are so lovely and kind that make your experience with gorillas a great time!

Kosice, Slovakia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

I've made a very good experience with them too. They organized a transport for me on the day of my tracking, and also a very nice walk to lake Bunyonyi. Genuinely nice people...

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

I have travelled with Robert to see the Mountain Gorillas in both Rwanda and Uganda (in one short trip!) and felt he was very knowledgeable about every aspect of our trip, right from travel between the countries, local accommodation, places to visit on the way and crucially in getting us into the most ideal group to view the Gorillas in Rwanda.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

I can higly recommend Engagi and Robert. We wrote to him for a one day gorilla trek and he organised everything directly. When we arrived we were met by a very kind staff that took really good care about us. Everything was well organised, simple and cheap but great. Robert also took us for a trip to lake bunyonyi and helped us to buy a big jackfruit, that was really appreciated. He has been long in the buisiness and he knows a lot.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

We (my boyfriend and I) also had a great experience with Robert and Engagi. My full review is on the Bradt guide page

…wordpress.com/2011/…comment-6266

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

I had a good experience with Engagi Safaris. Robert and the staff took good care of us throughout and I felt the trek was well worth the money. It was organized well and it was plain to see that Robert has a lot of experience.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

Hi. I am a student in Austria but originally from Uganda. I am writing a thesis on innovation and management in wildlife watching with a focus on gorilla trekking in Bwindi. Is it possible to hold a short Skype interview with you since you have been there? It would really be great if you can help.

Thanks

Dorothy

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Bwindi Lodge
Bwindi Lodge
160 Reviews
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gorilla trecking with Engagi Safaris

Hi. I am a student in Austria but originally from Uganda. I am writing a thesis on innovation and management in wildlife watching with a focus on gorilla trekking in Bwindi. Is it possible to hold a short Skype interview with you since you have been there? It would really be great if you can help.

Thanks

Dorothy

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Bwindi Lodge
Bwindi Lodge
160 Reviews