We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

truro
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

I know this is a long shot but has any one had any dealings with either AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris.

Good reviews bad reviews anything.

Or if any one gets the chance to have a look at there website and say which one you'd pick or if anything looks suspect.

Don't know which one to pick so I need a hand!!

Uganda
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

I know AAB Tours off Entebbe Road and they are legitimate operators.

Good Luck!

Kampala, Uganda
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

I, my wife and 2 friends from India who had visited us in Kampala in July 2012 had a wonderful gorilla trip to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Queen Elizabeth National Park. AAB Tours and Travel organised excellently the entire 6 days trip. We came face-to-face with the rare mountain gorillas, they were amazing, very calm and freindly!!!!!!!!!, we saw lions, elephants in queen elizabeth national park plus exciting kyambura gorge chimpanzees and a variety of wildlife, queit thrilling!

We appreciate the hotels and lodges AAB Tours and Travel selected for us, very descent and with excellent services. Every part of the trip right from accommodation, transport and all the safari activties were thorough!

Our friends went back to india very happy.

I personally have no problem recommending AAB Tours and Travel to anyone planning a trip to Uganda, AAB understands why they exist.

cheers!!

truro
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

Yes, I totally agree. I found that their service was perfect and the vehicle and driver were lovely.

If I can find the money to go back to Uganda I would definitely use AAB.

Dhahran, Saudi...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

AAB tours provided overall exceptional service for my 9 day tour of Uganda in August. Right off the top, I need to mention the tour guide, Richard. He made the trip exceptional. He is personable, insightful, and incomparably knowledgeable about all regional animals and birds. If at all possible, ensure he is your tour guide and invite him along and pay for his way on boat rides or any tours where you might encounter birds or animals. People throng around him to listen to him speak as he humbly shares his knowledge.

AAB is a small operation and I was more than impressed by their quick responses to my queries. I was also impressed when they were able to modify my trip as many times as I needed it changed due to various reasons (before and during the trip). Ssonka, the company manager, also, at my request, provided an itemized cost breakdown which proved to be very accurate when I arrived and was able to compare prices. I chose the Luxury tour and was pleased with the hotel choices and quality. Note, however, when going to the Maweya Lodge, be sure to ask for the Luxury Tent; the room, along with the most stunning veranda and view, is exceptional.

The only low point in the tour was the quality of the vehicle we had. The air conditioner didn’t work and, as such, had to drive with the windows down and inhaled a lot of car exhaust. Otherwise, pack your bags, hop on a plane, and rest assured AAB tours, with Richard as your guide, will take care of the rest.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

I strongly recommend AAB .

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

I have been in contact with AAB tours and am planning a trip in December with them. I agree that they have been wonderful and have been very quick in responses to my questions and have worked with my itinerary. My only concern as that they want the deposit via wire transfer. Wondering if this was the case in your situation and if you had any problems with this? Any information would be appreciated on this matter. Thanks so much,

Heather

truro
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

Hi Heather

I can vouch for the quality of there service and I would personally trust them with a deposit however in your position I'd want to know why they required a deposit.

Are you doing gorilla tracking?

Most Ugandan companies want a deposit to secure the tracking permits.

I didn't go gorilla tracking so I assume that's why I was never asked for a deposit.

If you're unsure simply ask why you need a deposit.

Any other questions just ask.

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

Thanks for your quick response :) I appreciate your help!

Yes, I will be doing a gorilla and a Chimpanzee trek. They did state that is why they needed the deposit. Did you just go to your bank and send the money that way? I have been trying to figure out how the process works? I am familiar with paypal and use that quite often, but they do not offer that. I have been researching a little and it looks like it is quite common for the ugandan tour companies to request wire transfers. I am just wanting to know if it is safe/secure?

truro
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

Hi.

You're always going to have to wire Ugandan companies money for gorilla tracking.

I infrequently send money to an orphanage in Masaka.

It's very simple they just gave me their bank details and I go to my bank in England and tell them how much I want sent and they ask me a few security questions and within a week the money is sent.

I'm with Halifax and they charge £19.99 for wire transfer.

Just check the charge with your bank.

Most Ugandans are with Barclays or Stanbic so it's as safe as wiring money in your own country.

AAB have a very good reputation and therefore I'd say it would be fine to wire them the money.

Brutally It's a simple case of the fact that them stealing your deposit is not worth the clients they would lose.

Hope that helps.

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AAB tours and travels or AUTO rental safaris

Thanks so much! Your information has been very helpful. I wired my deposit today!