We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone use Bird Uganda?

North Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone use Bird Uganda?

Planning a birding safari July 1-20. Been to sub-Saharan African six times but not yet Uganda. Would appreciate any input. Asante.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,472 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

First read my topic "Scam Warning..." further down the page. Bird Uganda, the real one, was used by the scammers to perpetrate that fraud.

If you are sure you are dealing with Herbert then they are fine. He is a good man and I have known him some years.

But DO take care that the Emails you get are from his company and double check with him by telephone if necessary that the Bank details are correct before sending money.

Have a good trip. I am sure that you will be in good hands if you follow these elementary precautions.

Uganda is a fantastic country and the Birdlife wonderful.

North Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

I have been dealing with Herbert Byarahunga (sp)? directly. We need some people to fill the July 1-20 trip. Thanks for your input. I knew Herbert was a good man but just thought I'd reach out.

Vienna
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

Anyone deal with birdinginuganda?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,472 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

This is not the same firm as Bird Uganda. You may get a better response by starting a dedicated Topic.

They appear legitimate but I have not used them. Lots out there to choose from.

Kampala, Uganda
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

Bird Uganda Safaris is based in Uganda and operating normally. The culprits who tried to hack into the email system were arrested and prosecuted.

You can still contact contact the company on

www.birduganda.com

info@birduganda.com

director@birduganda.com

+256 312289048

+256 777912938

London, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

ViennaZest? I know birdinguganda.com they offer birding trips in Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi.and if you are dealing with them tell them to reserve for you Tamwenya Paul as your birding guide.

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

I agree with Monker 25.

Tamwenya is a great guide

Herbert too is good

UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

I agree with the two posts before mine . Paul is superb .Skilled, knowledgeable , Disciplined , Humorous, caring , professional , is not the only way I can describe Paul but he is also the best bird guide that we have ever had .

I one time asked him when he led our tour whether he had ever taught a school . I was not surprised to hear him answer that his parents were and are still teachers.

Use him and you will get the best and a memorable experience .

Fairfax, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

we sent money for gorilla permits, supposedly to paul tamwenya and wilbur, and are wondering why they don't answer emails about basic details. how the hell does one know if they are legit or scammers? did you have similar experience?

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone use Bird Uganda?

Hello... !

When did you send this money? Emails and web access are still dire. They may well be out of town too, without any access.

Am sure others would comment on your penultimate sentence.