We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

minneapolis
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

Took a trip to Uganda at the end of January to see the mountain gorillas and I feel obligated to write a review of the Travel Hemispheres tour agency. We were a bit overwhelmed while trying to find a tour group to use for our tour in Uganda. We read as many reviews as we could and settled on Travel Hemispheres even though there wasn't a lot of updated information on their website.

In the end we are so glad we choose them. We had a private tour with a highly experienced guide. We visited Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth and Mburo National parks. Prices were very reasonable and the accommodations and food were excellent. We highly recommend Travel Hemispheres for anyone looking for a tour agency in Uganda.

-Matt & Kelly

PS - Try to get Vincent as your guide. He is the BEST!!!

27 replies to this topic
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,630 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip and it al worked out OK after you got your luggage.

Not sure your claim about Vincent could be substantiated in a shoot out. They are all excellent but my man Emmy, Crown Prince of Buhoma, is the best in the west.

Edited: 2:24 pm, February 18, 2011
minneapolis
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

Yes you are right - It's hard to say any guide is better than another - but we were very very happy with our man Vincent. It was hard to say goodbye to him.

3. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:07 am, November 26, 2012

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

I decided to travel to Uganda on my own last minute and contacted several tour operators in Uganda and South Africa. Travel hemisphere was one of the quickest to respond and their prices were very reasonable compared to others. Within a very short period of time they were able to get a gorilla tracking permit and put together a 10 day trip around southwestern Uganda. Like the first reviewer I could not find a lot of information and many recommendations for Travel Hemisphere but given that the pre-departure communication was excellent and they were able to get everything lined up, I did not hesitate to go ahead with them. I too had Vincent as my guide and he was fantastic. Apart from being a very safe driver, he made sure I got to see as much as possible and he was most punctual. Since I was traveling by myself, he made sure I was always in a safe environment and during the many hours on the road he was a very knowledgeable and interesting person to talk to. And the hotels I stayed in were all exceptional with excellent service, wonderful staff, great ambiance, good food and very clean. All in all it was a fantastic trip and everything worked out much better than I had every imagined thanks to the fantastic organization of Travel Hemisphere. If I travel in that part of the world again - hopefully sometime soon - I would use Travel Hemisphere again.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

We (my husband and I, with our 3 adult-aged kids) just returned from a trip to Uganda (Kampala and gorilla tracking in Bwindi National Park). I arranged the trip from Canada through Fred of Travel Hemispheres. We communicated effectively by e-mail. He co-ordinated our transfers, hotels and in-land flights. He took care of the inevitable last-minute glitches with the flights which could have ruined our vacation. Most importantly, he is very reliable and trustworthy.

Vincent was our driver and guide. The trip from Kampala to Bwindi is long, though scenic, interesting and very worthwhile. The roads in some areas are, to say the least, challenging. Vincent is an expert driver however and I am so grateful to him for getting us to Bwindi and back safely.

All in all, I would have no hesitation in recommending Travel Hemispheres, and I would certainly be happy to plan future trips with them.

Kampala
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

Thats Great Frances . This Fred and we appriciate your comments.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

wonderful reports.be back soon

Sundsvall...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

We (a couple from Sweden) booked a trip with travel hemispheres in aug 2013. Mainly to see the gorillas but also with chimp trekking and some game drives. We arranged everything with mail contact trough Fred before travelling to uganda and then we had a great driver/guide in Edvard. You have to send at least half the money in advance, worked out without problem for us and the company felt very reliable. So we can really recommend them and thanks for a great week!

Bjorn and Petra / Sweden

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

My mother and I just returned from a trip in Uganda which was organized by Fred of Travel Hemispheres. Every detail worked out beautifully from the airport pick up late at night, to the accommodations, as well as the itinerary.- which included various game drives, the incredible Gorilla Trek, chimp trekking, boat cruises and other tours. The driver, Edward, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They made an extra effort to ensure that the Bwindi Gorilla trek was successful with porters organized in advance. I would highly recommend Fred from Travel Hemispheres and Edward as the driver and would use their services again if I was to return to Uganda.

10. Re: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, March 01, 2014

Reply to: Travel Hemisphere Tours in Uganda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted