We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

I am leaving Ghana in February, where I have been for the last 6 months, and want to fly from a neighboring country, but cant really decide if I should fly from Burkina Faso, or from Benin (and travel through both Togo & Benin). I have about a week to spend in the country before I will fly from there.

Has anyone been to these countries and can help me out ?

Best regard

Pya, Lama-Kara, Togo
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

Hi i am jeremies; I am a tour guide living in Togo.It depends on if you take plane or bus.Anyway bus from Ghana to Togo is ok.After you can enter Benin by bus also(Lome-Cotonou).But either if you want to visit north Togo then it is better you enter Burkina Faso first and then after join Benin.Anyway everything depends on your plan......Any querry i am here to help

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

Thanks for the answer but it did not help a lot.

I was kind of asking, or meant to ask, whether BF was more interesting than B&T, or vice versa and not how to get to each place.

Pya, Lama-Kara, Togo
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

Ah excuse me.I didn't get you.Ok then to be ahonest i recommend you TOGO.Not only because i am a tour guide here but also because Togo is small;People are welcoming;and not so much complicated.And the food also hmmmm fabulous and the sites are just amazing and you can really experience wildlife and enjoy meeting kind people.As far as Security is concerned everything is perfect also.in the evening you can have a walk in town with no worries.I definitely recommend you Togo

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
1,224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

we had the same doubt and at the end we have decided to visit togo and benin where we will go in 2 weeks

i can tell u more in a few days

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

Olay thanks. I have however left W-Africa now, but still wish you a good trip, and please tell me your experience.

6. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, February 20, 2014
Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

I will be in Togo for a week. My daughter is living just outside Lome and we will travel a few days while I'm there. Do you have some recommendations where to go in Togo?

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

I will be in Togo for a week. My daughter is living just outside Lome and we will travel a few days while I'm there. Do you have some recommendations where to go in Togo?

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
1,224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

Togo is fantastic

What i can suggest u is reported here: born2travel.it/…20eng.html

Enjoy it

There are Many interesting tribes

10. Re: Togo&Benin or BurkinaFaso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 09, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Togo
More Togo Topics