We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

Durban
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

Has anybody been to Magadzavane Lodge in the last 2 months.? I need to know about the condition of their chalets

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

Mmm never heard that one, which town?

Mbabane, Swaziland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

me too...never heard of it

Lilongwe
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

Hiya....we stayed at Magadzavane Lodge on the 24th November. It was beautifully situated overlooking the drop off from the mountains into the lowveld below. The rooms were luxurious and equiped for self catering if need be. There was a double bed on the ground floor and two single beds in the sort of loft thing above. There is a bar with another glorious view and the restaurant that night provided unexpectedly good food....so much so that we asked to see the chef, his name was Wiseman, whom we congratulated on a brilliant job. The one annoying thing was that there was football match being shown on a large flatscreen in the dining area ........ it wasn't on too loudly but it didn't sort of compliment the meal....we felt the match should have been screened in the bar instead where there was anther large screen. You wont' need a 4 x 4 to stay there if you enter the Mlawula park on the south side as the lodge is very close to the main gate. We had a Toyota corolla (sedan) which comfortable managed the dirt road from the lodge to the northern exit which I think was approx 20k's. This road was in excellent condition. Magadzavane is also excellently situated as a place to break one's journey between Swaziland and Mozambique as the border is very close. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

Wow, I was so close to this place and din't see this place? Thanks for the trip report. How much per night?

Siteki, Swaziland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

I was there last weekend they are beautiful

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

Dear Mags and Mark,

As another world tourist and Voluntourist thanks so much for your great advice on Tripadvisor I'm also visiting Magadzavane Lodge in Swaziland coming week. Didn't see any photos of you so intend to do that now and show my friends on Facebook and a clip on YouTube. I will also direct them to your first comment here on Tripadvisor. Kind regards and enjoy all your coming trips! Jan (Alias Attenborough) from Holland.

Edited: 1:31 am, March 16, 2013
7. Re: Magadzavane Lodge Swaziland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 18, 2014