We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

Which Dakar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
234 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

I am looking at a flight itinerary that has 1 hour transfer time in Dakar. The flight arrives from Washington DC and then I would board a flight and depart to Capetown. Is 1 hour enough time to transfer? Will I have to pass through customs if I am just transferring? Thank you.

Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

Dakar LLS is a very small airport and it usually takes about 15 minutes to clear the police checks.

As for customs, I presume your luggage will be transfered to the second plane by the airline and therefore will not involve you in a customs check.

The arrivals room is right next to departures so no lengthy walk involved, no risk of getting lost.

Provided your flight arrives on time, a one hour transfer is no problem.

cambridge
Level Contributor
1 post
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

Not sure if you got the answer. I just came back from Dakar, Senegal. You can take South Africa airlines. It will take you from IAD to DKR and same flight to Cape Town.

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

I'm wondering if the hour was enough. We've just booked from Dulles to Dakar with one hour on the ground for transfer to a flight for Johannesburg. We have 24 hours to change our mind on these tickets. Your feedback would be appreciated!

4. Re: 1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, December 25, 2013
Edited: 8:35 pm, December 25, 2013
5. Re: 1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 26, 2013
6. Re: 1 hr transfer in Dakar airport

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2014