We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medina beach hotel

Nairobi
1 post
Save Topic
medina beach hotel

please assist me i have recieved an offer which seems too be too good to be true to attend a SEMINAR ON CHILD LABOUR.i have been offered two weeks to united states everything catered for from accommodation, flight tickets & entertainment catered for.A further 1 week to senegal in Dakar where am required to pay for my accommodation but they will cater for the flight tickets to there.They are booking me at medina Beach Hotel which doesnot appear to be on the web.Organisers name has been given as Erenstine Losef of Medina B.H.Tel number +2221764658354.The catch is am supposed to pay $400 before going to cater for the ACCOMMODATION AT MEDINA BEACH HOTEL please advice if this is a scam or has anyone heard of medina or the said seminar said to be taking place 2nd week of Dec Dakar-Senegal.

Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
353 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medina beach hotel

Scam Scam Scam.......

If it sounds too good to be true it is!!!

Hotel does not exist.

Please people, these scammers are giving Senegal a bad name, many people here are hard working and considerate...

Don't get caught up in scams that are run by people from other African countries...

There are NO JOBS, NO CONFERENCES AS ABOVE NO REFUGEE CAMPS with kids holding small fortunes in trust in other countries...

Be wise...

nairobi
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: medina beach hotel

Hi, I also got the same offer which sounded so sweet to ignore however most of my queries about the conferences that were to be held in the US and Dakar Senegal were never responded to! and the how is one to pay money for hotel reservations to an individual? I thought now people are advanced and are using cards and mode of payments! unlike sending money to a personal account. I did call the number in which they had provided unfortunately on first answer a guy said it was a clearing and forwarding firm, on asking further if it was not medina beach hotel the guy said sorry he was tired and indeed it was medina beach hotel. Guy be on the look out! something is wrong some some where and some one wants to reap from where he has not sawn!

3. Re: medina beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 07, 2009