We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over in dakar for one night

Which Dakar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Stop over in dakar for one night

I do believed that this is not enough for us to see the place but we want to take this advantage, pls let us know what are the things we need to think about..like health, money and also to visit attraction..

Are they any troubles to be encounter when you walking in the street, ist possible for us just to walk in the down town

And also what are the basic information we need to know

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop over in dakar for one night

I would keep my eyes and ears open as you would in any city. There are pharmacies on many corners so know what medications that you might need and have them written in case you need them. I would feel more comfortable getting my money from an ATM all at one time. There is a guard at all ATM's I have attended but I would not care for people to see me come in and out. Goree is great to visit but with the travel time it may take up about 3 hours of your time. Downtown Dakar is exciting and bustling. Yoff is very nice and very residential with beautiful homes.

2. Re: Stop over in dakar for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 14, 2009