We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dakar Wifi Internet Connection

Washington DC...
12 posts
Dakar Wifi Internet Connection

I teach using skype and need a good wifi connection during my visit later this year. Is it possible to have a stable connection in order to speak clearly over using skype? if so, What's the best service provider to use?

1 post
1. Re: Dakar Wifi Internet Connection

Senegal has a very decent internet connection especially in Dakar! And orange is the best internet provider though it can be a hustle sometimes to get them to install it in your house. You can also use internet sticks from the same provider which is readily available.

Edited: 10:51 am, May 20, 2016
Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
435 posts
294 reviews
214 helpful votes
2. Re: Dakar Wifi Internet Connection

Tigo has good deals on internet sticks, we have Orange as our main service provider and we often use skype, as well as whats app...all are usually excellent, although Sunday's can be a little slow when everyone is on the net.

My husband uses Skype for business, and he says Most of the time Skype is great....every now and then there is a glitch but its not the norm.

3. Re: Dakar Wifi Internet Connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 03, 2017