We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do and see?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
What to do and see?

Sorry to be asking this most basic of questions, but I have the opportunity to visit Abuja for a weekend while my husband is there on business and was wondering what there might be for me to do and see there.

I like to visit museums, shop for local artwork/handicrafts. I'm not one for hanging out by the hotel pool, though I guess if that's all there is to do, I'll take a couple of good books with me...

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Mentioned in this post
Abuja
Abuja
Abuja State, Nigeria
Abuja
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do and see?

I live in Abuja. I don't know which hotel you will be staying at in order for me to make suggestions based on proximity to you, but you can try to visit the Arts and Craft Centre. It's located at Central Area. Any hotel cab should know how to get you there.

Unfortunately, there isn't any musuem here (shocked? don't be.) Abuja is reputed even here to be a person lacking seriously where entertainment is concerned. So, I will advise that you still "take a couple of good books" along.

And have a pleasant stay.

Mentioned in this post
Abuja
Abuja
Abuja State, Nigeria
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do and see?

Hi Aday09a and thank you SO much for the advice, I do appreciate it. I am sure I will have a good time in your city, even if it is quiet. It will be a new experience for me and I am looking forward to it!

3. Re: What to do and see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 03, 2014