We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

letter of invitation to Nigeria

Warsaw, Poland
2 posts
Save Topic
letter of invitation to Nigeria

Hello,

Since I've been planning the tourist visit to Nigeria could anybody advice me: is it necessary to have a letter of invitation in order to get the Nigeria tourist visa ? If its really needed any tips how to get it? I'll be gratefull for your help.

Waianae, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

Here are a few suggestions of ways of getting a Letter of Invitation. Its best to contact the consulate of Nigeria (where you will file application) also to find out what specific information is needed in the Letter of Invitation. Also if it is a letter from a personal friend, does it need to be notarized.

Hotel- If you are staying at a hotel, then the hotel you have reservations in may be able to provide you with the letter and verification you need. This has been done by many hotels through out the world and it is accepted. Majority of hotels are aware of this too.

Tour Company- There are tour companys that will send an invitation letter (for a fee) that will be sufficient and accepted by the Consul. It is only an invite, therefore you are not bound by this invitation.. because thats all it is.

Friend of visiting country- This would be a letter that would either be addressed to you personally or the Consulate. It is used as verifying evidence. I'm unsure what exactly they would information they want in it but here are some samples. You can also search it online. I would also like to recommend Lonelyplanet .com and virtualtouris .com

samples of LOI

<<<PERSONAL LOI TO YOU FROM FRIEND IN NIGERIA>>>

(Date)

(Sponsor's name)

(Full address & phone number)

To: Visitors name and Address (your name and address)

Dear (Visitor- you)

I invite you to visit and spend your vacation in Nigeria with me during the time of (planned time of visit) or whenever is convenient for you. We have plans to visit famous tourist places like (name places). It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experienced our culture and lifestyle.

I will take full responsible for you & your well being during your entire stay here in the Nigeria.

Herewith I am sending all required documents such as this letter of invitation and my i.d. (front and back copy) per requested of me for getting the necessary tourist visa from the (Name of Consulate).

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

(sponsors signature)

(sponsors name printed)

GUEST:

Name: (Your full name that is the same as shown on your passport

Address: (your address)

Telephone: (your address)

Relationship: Friend

<<< LOI TO CONSULATE FROM FRIEND IN NIGERIA>>>

Date: _________

Consulate General of Nigeria

(Address of Nigerian Consulate Where Person Will Apply for the Visa)

Dear Honorable Consul:

My name is _______, and I reside at _____________________________.

I am a Nigerian citizen (or lawful permanent resident alien).

I am requesting that you issue a tourist visa to (the visitors full name) , in order to allow her/him to visit with me in Nigeria.

(Explain your relationship to the person (visitor) above).

_________ will be visiting with me from ______ to ______. (Explain why you want the person to visit).

During her/his stay in Nigeria, she/he will stay with me at my home/apt. at the address stated above. I will be responsible for all of her/his room and board expenses while she/he is in Nigeria.

Upon the termination of her/his visit, she/he will return to _________.

_______ will be presenting this letter to you, together with other evidence to establish her/his close ties to her/his country, and to assure you that she/he will return prior to the expiration of his/her stay in the Nigeria.

Your kind consideration to this request will be greatly appreciated.

Very truly yours,

Name

Address

Telephone No.

Edited: 1:43 am, March 19, 2012
ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

that puts me off nigeria,.i was goign there in 1981 and this letter business was a PUT OFFso it has not changed it seemed

9 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

If you want an invitation letter to come to Nigeria I can help you out.I have to know what you are coming to do visit,tourism,business?I have not assisted someone before but i can find out and if you need invitation letter i can send it to you provided is not for bad intention.email me -chris4sure89@yahoo.com or call +2348039226549

9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

Hey friends If you need invitation letter i can help you out provided you have a good intention.you can communicate through email chris4sure89@yahoo.com but try and get more info on the website.

9 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

It painful but you can still trial again but if invitation is needed let me know

ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

hiiiiiiiii so whats the big deal about going there,.its no problem to go other countries in africa,.,.,.i think i will give nigeria a miss if the do not want tourists,.,they do not seem to want tourists businss,.i had all the horrible business of invitation letter in IRAQ YEARS AGO,.,..cheers thanks,.,.

Edited: 7:25 pm, April 20, 2012
9 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

I only want to help for free.i will send the invitation letter to you if you have a good intention

18. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 pm, January 13, 2014
2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

I m a resident in d uk pls I wnt to visit nigeria for touris purpose I will want u to assist me in all ways cos I av a project at hand I m tryin to trace my rout at d same time visit some historian places in nigeria dat leads to time of slavery days in nigeria pls advice

2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: letter of invitation to Nigeria

Hello there pls I really will appriciate ur concern I am visitin 4 d first time to nigeria and all I needed to do dat is an invitation latter pls advice.thanks