We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Niger safe to travel in 2013/2014??

2 posts
1 review
Is Niger safe to travel in 2013/2014??

Hey guys was looking for helpful answers besides the embassy webpage line that paints "no-go" over just about anywhere with a shred of a risk.

My wife and I are seriously planning to travel to Niger this winter, but not 100% decided on whether to wait or not. You see, all of this fuss bout islamic Maghreb Al-Qaeda and such in the area is very bad for tourist reputation. and a recent indefinite power outage and jailbreak of dangerous criminals from Niamey prison doesnt help our confidence much...

that said, I prefer to make informed and sound decisions on my travel and not give in to hysteria and stereotypes...Can anyone here help us decide whether to come to Niger or not? We merely wish to visit Niamey area and Agadez in the north.

We tend to be easily persuaded to go. Can anyone offer any informed, updated, or any sort of good advice on this? :)

Thanks a million!

Cheers

1 reply
Portland, Oregon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Is Niger safe to travel in 2013/2014??

Rosy123:

I am planning the same trip, except I want to go all the way to Chad, by public transport. Reading the US and UK govt travel site, I should just stay home. I will be in West Africa starting end of September in Morocco, heading overland through Mauritania, etc. Hopefully in Niger by mid November.

If you would like to talk or meet up, please let me know. rosewood43 at hotmail dot com.

David

Reply to: Is Niger safe to travel in 2013/2014??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niger