We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to Etosha for wildlife/game drives

Which Windhoek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
26 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Alternatives to Etosha for wildlife/game drives

We are planning to do the Windhoek - Sossus - Swakopmund triangle. We have limited time and dont want to drive all the way to Etosha and back. Are there any other parks in central/southern nambia we might be able to visit for a day or two ?

Thanks !

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to Etosha for wildlife/game drives

yes, you can visit Erindi Private game reserve, they have a lodge, campsite and self-catering units.

oh and the big 5! :)

Worongary, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to Etosha for wildlife/game drives

Beware the gravel road between Sossus and Swakopmund, it would have to be one of the worst roads in Namib. Take care and drive carefully!

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternatives to Etosha for wildlife/game drives

Erindi is ok, if you really don't have the time to get up to Etosha.

I would advise that you avoid weekends and school holidays though, as they offer very discounted SADC rates. last tie I went was over a weekend and there were screaming kids running everywhere.

Personally I find the accommodations pretty bland...if you close the curtains you could be anywhere in the world, and it is all a bit forced....but as I I'd, if you have no time for Damaraland or Etosha then you will see animals there, even if it is a bit forced.

Gemma Dry

Discover Namibia Safaris

4. Re: Alternatives to Etosha for wildlife/game drives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 18, 2014