We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardboard Box Backpackers?

geneva
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cardboard Box Backpackers?

Hello, we are looking for an inexpensive but clean and safe place for a single person doing an internship in Windhoek for 3 to 6 months and the Cardboard box seems to be the closest to the place where I'll be working...other places also seem nice, such as Chameleon and Paradise Gardens but how does one get around everyday without a car? these last 2 backpackers are around 5 kms from my place of work.Are there minibus taxis?thanks for letting me know, plus anything else you think would be useful info.I know South Africa fairly well but have never been to Namibia.Thank you!

Windhoek, Windhoek...
Level Contributor
47 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cardboard Box Backpackers?

Hi,

Chameleon is very conveniently located.

You can also look at Pension Steiner. Depend where you will work. Taxis is the same as in SA, not private so might be joined by other people and travel a "scenic" route to your end destination.

You can also contact reliable companies like Dial a Cab to travel with at night, they available 24hrs, and take the normal taxi in daytime only.

If you can inbox me a street address or company name I can advise you better which places to stay at.

Also look at the Facebook page NAMRENT here you can find rooms in houses to share or smaller garden flats, which might be more ideal if you staying for a few months.

Greetings from sunny Namibia.

2. Re: Cardboard Box Backpackers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 27, 2014