We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercape from Windhoek to Capetown

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Intercape from Windhoek to Capetown

I'm not worried about delays or lack of air conditioning.

What I am looking for is someone to vouch for the safety- or lack thereof- of this trip for a single female. Has anyone taken this bus recently?

Adventure good. Danger bad.

Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercape from Windhoek to Capetown

Intercape is the next safest way of traveling between Windhoek and Cape Town, next to only flying.

You will find many other travelers on the bus as well, as Capetown is a popular route.

Intercape is also great about getting out and arriving on time. I suggest to bring your music, a blanket, pillow, and some snack food.

Jeremy -Author, Namibia Other Places Travel Guide

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,767 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercape from Windhoek to Capetown

"Intercape Mainliner

There is one company, Intercape Mainliner, which operates luxury vehicles on long-distance routes covering most of the main towns. These are comfortable, with refreshments available, music, videos, toilets and air conditioning. "

from a good guide to Namibia written by a contributor to these forums.

(www.namibia-travel-guide.com/bradt_guide.asp…)

Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercape from Windhoek to Capetown

The music and videos aren't anything to get excited about. The toilets are nice to have, and the air conditioning can get uncomfortably cold through the night while you're sleeping.

If you can, I always enjoyed the front seats on the upper deck. I'd try to score those if you can, you'll have more leg room and a great view.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Intercape from Windhoek to Capetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, March 12, 2011