We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delays in Air Namibia?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Delays in Air Namibia?

Hi I am flying from windhoek to Joberg in June this year on the 7 am flight and have a connecting international flight out of joberg at 11.Is there any reputations of time delays etc by AIr Namibia. Also what are chances of the flights getting cancelled ? Are there alternatives?

Also quick query on how good is the raod from Windhoek to Swakopmund? Is it safe to drive and how hot/cold is Namibia in June during the world cup?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,759 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delays in Air Namibia?

Hi,

Road is very good.

Safe to drive.

Very hot and cold in June.

Flight issues - see news!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delays in Air Namibia?

Thank You Peter!

Do you recommend I take the earlier day evening flight or am I okay with the morning flight?

I assume when you mention hot & cold means the day will be crazily hot and night will be freezing?

Do I need a 4x4 or any sedan will do?

Regards,

Darshan M

Edited: 3:17 am, April 17, 2010
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,759 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delays in Air Namibia?

Hi,

I can't predict if there will be a delay with an international flight. Do you feel lucky? What are the consequences if the plane is delayed? Can you afford a new ticket if you miss the flight out of Joburg? Only you know the answers....

If you are sticking to the main "B" roads (tar) or the main gravel roads, then a normal car is fine.

Your main problem will be speeding.

And yes, it will be cold at night depending on where you are. Much of the country is a high plateau, and there will be no clouds to retain the desert heat.

It's not unusual for a 30+ degree C temperature fluctuation per day!

4. Re: Delays in Air Namibia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 15, 2010