We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Guest House between Swakopmund and Etosha (Okaukuejo)?

SouthernOntario
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Guest House between Swakopmund and Etosha (Okaukuejo)?

I'm going to be travelling with my husband and 8/11 year old children in January 2009. We're looking to break up the drive between Swakop and Etosha with a swim and a aleep. Our price range is 800-1200 NAD per night for the four of us. We will probably be travelling in a regular car as opposed to a 4x4. Any suggestions will are appreciated. Thank you.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Guest House between Swakopmund and Etosha (Okaukuejo)?

HI, don't panic about the regular versus 4X$ bit; you should be fine if you aren't venturing too far off the beaten track.

I stayed at a great farm with supper at Ozombanda (on the B2 out of Swakop just west of Okahandja) but it is a bit above your budget.

I think you might need to look at Otjiwarongo (maybe the Bush Pillow?).

NB: I think you'll probably bee traveling in the middle of the SA/Namibia school holidays so I'm not sure that you can be too picky about where you are staying if you haven't booked already.

SouthernOntario
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Guest House between Swakopmund and Etosha (Okaukuejo)?

Thanks so much for your helpful advice, SueDuncBATH! In the end we bit the bullet and are taking the more expensive option.

3. Re: Hotel/Guest House between Swakopmund and Etosha (Okaukuejo)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 10, 2009