We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maputo new years eve

Which Maputo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Maputo new years eve

We will be in Maputo on dec 31. Our daughter is 4 Yrs old. Any suggestions for new year's eve?

Lancaster
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maputo new years eve

Hi there, will you be passing through Maputo en-route to somewhere else?

I am asking as I spent one New Year in Maputo and it was a let down. Most of the locals leave the city and head towards the local beach, or up north, and the city was almost deserted.

If you are flexible, I would head north.

Good luck,

X

Maputo
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Maputo new years eve

Fireworks at midnight are great to see from the shoreline. If you don't have a place to go, I suggest HOTEL CARDOSO or HOTEL POLANA SERENA. Both are well located, will have meals or drinks and will have their own fireworks in addition to great locations to see the ones launched from the neighbourhoods.

3. Re: Maputo new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 31, 2012