We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving a rental car from Kruger to Mozambique-

portland, or
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving a rental car from Kruger to Mozambique-

we will be driving thru south africa for 2 weeks, then we want to drive to my daughter's village in southern moz- Chidenguele.

Which rental companies allow driving in Mozambique- and is this a good idea? My daughter says the roads are fine-

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving a rental car from Kruger to Mozambique-

You preferably need a vehicle with high ground clearance (SUV) to reach Chidenquele, not necessarily a 4 by 4.

I have been there with a Corolla sedan, but I will not try again.

About the only SA car rental company that will allow taking a rental car across the SA/ Moz border is First car rental.

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving a rental car from Kruger to Mozambique-

hi

We are Brits living in Addis.

5 of us going to SA Nov 25th we want to do Maputo and Swazi this time (been to SA alone 3 times.)

Best company by far for cross border clear answers we have found so far is

drivesouthafrica.co.za

3. Re: Driving a rental car from Kruger to Mozambique-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 06, 2011