We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Jo'burg - Swaziland - Mozambique - Jo'burg

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Driving Jo'burg - Swaziland - Mozambique - Jo'burg

Will a Toyota sedan-type vehicle generally suffice for this trip?

Many thanks in advance for your tips.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
695 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Jo'burg - Swaziland - Mozambique - Jo'burg

Yeah, so sweat. I did it a couple years ago. You will be limited to the best roads in Moz.

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Jo'burg - Swaziland - Mozambique - Jo'burg

Thanks, Razzel.

We've decided on driving through Swaziland, staying at Hlane for 6-ish days and then visiting Hluhluwe, Imfolozi and perhaps the St Lucia area over another six days before heading for the Transfrontier region of SA / Botswana for a 4x4 trip.

Is six days too much (or too little!) for Hlane?

Any advice relating to Swaziland? What's cool and what's not?

Many thanks again for your advice. Really appreciated.

Relsy.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
695 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Jo'burg - Swaziland - Mozambique - Jo'burg

I don't know much about Swaziland. I spent two days there, one hiking around the wildlife in Mlilwane reserve and one at the Swazi cultural center just north of Mlilwane. They were both quite fun (I don't usually go for cultural centers, but they do a great job there). I can't say how much time would be right to explore more.

4. Re: Driving Jo'burg - Swaziland - Mozambique - Jo'burg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 13, 2010