We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Ibo Island Lodge?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Ibo Island Lodge?

Hi - I cannot tell from the info I have if there is a beach outside the hotel or not. I would really apprecaite any info on this hotel if anyone has been there recently and is it worth a visit?

Thanx

Marlow
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Ibo Island Lodge?

Hi

No there is no beach..it is mud flats that are revealed at low tide so you can only swim from the hotel at high tide. there is a small pool at the hotel but thats it.They will take you out to a sandbank but then you are literally stuck there, so while beautiful you are restricted to what you can do!!! and there are no facilites there. So romantic for a couple of times, but after that????

If you are looking for an indian ocean beach paradise...look elsewhere, this is definitely not it.Hope that helps?

N

Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Ibo Island Lodge?

The attraction of Ibo Island Lodge is getting to stay on an island that is steeped in culture and history. You will really experience the Ibo Island community here.

Islands that i think are great are Medjumbe, Vamizi. Guludo is also a great beach destination for the eco conscious but is on the mainland just up from Pemba.

Also a great thing to do is to include a bush stay with your island experience in the spectacular Niassa Reserve. The walking and canoeing mobile safari is a great experience (a must) with Moja Safari Wilderness with possibly a night at Lugenda Wilderness Camp at the end or beginning for a bit of luxury.

The north of Mozambique is beautiful and worth exploring properly if you are visiting there.

Good luck with planning!

3. Re: Anyone been to Ibo Island Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, October 15, 2009