We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Info

Seoul, Korea
3 posts
Save Topic
Visa Info

I am traveling to Maputo directly from Seoul as a tourist. There is no Mozambican embassy in S. Korea. I was informed by the embassy in Washington (I'm a U.S. citizen.) that I can apply for a visa on arrival. Although not much, everything I've read indicates that this may not be such a good idea. Any helpful information would be great. Thanks.

San Francisco, CA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Info

I called the Mozambique embassy (since I will be traveling there soon) and they would not confirm you could get it on the spot and encouraged me to mail my passport for the visa. Best of luck.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Info

Hi -

Glad I'm not the only one getting conflicting advice. One tour operator says that you can buy a visa upon arrival, but another says that you need to get one from the embassy beforehand.

Has anyone been there recently to know for definite? If so, which airport did you fly into - maybe that makes a difference...?

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Info

I am travelling to South Africa and then on to Vilanculos in November and was advised to get a visa from embassy in US. The visa is valid for 60 days. I have also heard of obtaining a visa on arrival but would not entirely trust this. I would get one before travel as it may delay your entry...

Seoul, Korea
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Info

Just met a person here in Seoul who traveled to Maputo; arrived at the airport without a visa and said she had one in about fifteen minutes. Forgot to ask her about any additional fees, but it didn't sound like it. The embassy in Washington once again said that it would be no problem.

Seoul, Korea
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Info

Well, I was getting all nervous. I called the embassy in Washington and was told that I could definitely get a visa on arrival at the airport in Maputo. Maybe the difference is that I will be coming from a country where there is no embassy. They did ask where I was calling from. I guess this only partially helps. I hope everyone enjoys the trip and has a safe one.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Info

Hi -

We've recently come back from Mozambique and didn't have any problems getting our visa on arrival in Vilanculos. (FYI - I'm American and my husband is Irish.) In fact, there wasn't even a question as to whether or not you had one - it was almost assumed you didn't. Vilanculos is much smaller than Maputo, so I'd say you're probably safe in getting your visa upon arrival there as well.

There's no ATMs in Vilanculos, so make sure to bring cash with you (either USD or ZAR) to purchase the visa - I believe it was around R185 per person, but best to check before arrival. There’s also a tourist tax which is charged upon arrival – this is minimal (approx 2 USD), but again, you’ll need to have cash.

7. Re: Visa Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:35 am, December 30, 2011
london
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Info

I am travelling to mozambique in feb by car crossing at Kosi bay border can I get a visa there. I am a UK citizen

9. Re: Visa Info

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:35 am, December 30, 2011
10. Re: Visa Info

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 15, 2009