We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks to moz

bristol uk
Level Contributor
812 posts
Save Topic
3 weeks to moz

Ive got 3 weeks off from june 21st,thinking of going to Mozambique.Usual questions,is it ok for indepenant travelling,how far could i get in 3 weeks,like to be near the coast mainly,flying from London,any tips on who to fly with,buses and accomadation.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
695 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks to moz

Hi gertlush

What sort of budget will you be on? If you've got the money, head for the islands up north. If you're on a tight budget (as I was), then Tofo makes a great destination by bus from Maputo. It's about a 7-hour drive, so the bus ride should probably be split into a couple days at least. Bilene and/or Xai Xai would be nice stops. I can't be much help on buses as I was part of a group that hired a driver. Tofo is a beautiful little town, worth the effort. There are a couple backpackers on the beach just north of town. If you go, take the kayak tour to Ilho do Inhambane - it's an island that has been touched very little by the outside world, just amazingly beautiful and wonderful people. I was with my family, but we did run into independent travelers, as well as two Irish girls who were getting all over by bus. They said it was no problem.

2. Re: 3 weeks to moz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, September 29, 2009