We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa from airport

london
1 post
Save Topic
visa from airport

HI can anyone tell me if you can buy a visa at the Airport once arived, one web site said yes for $25.00 us. others Say you must get one before you leave your country.

London
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visa from airport

I'll tell you next week (if I get back) as I'm about to try and get one at the airport on arrival tomorrow having completely forgotten to get one before going!

Most websites I've looked at seem to say you can get one on arrival for $25.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa from airport

Since Mozambique has increased visa fees in 2006 to reciprocal levels with what other countries charges Mozambicans, on a country by country basis; SADC countries excepted; the new visa fees are astronomical.

The best way to avoid these high single entry visa prices is not to buy the visas from the Mozambique consulates and only buy them on arrival in Mozambique at the airport. The savings are considerable.

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa from airport

I am crossing the border by car from SA to Mozambiqe can I get a visa there ?

London
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visa from airport

Hi, in case anyone is reading this you'll be pleased to know I did fly without a visa and queued for ages to get one at the arrivals lounge. The process is simple (just hand over $20) but they make you wait ages while the passports go off to get stamped in some mysterious ceremony! Some of our baggage arrrived 'incomplete' too ... though this might have occured at Jo'burg. Just keep all valuables in your hand luggage.

Stanford, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: visa from airport

Hi -

Does anyone know if you can obtain a 3-month visa upon arrival to the airport. Most forums seem to only talk about the 30-day visa (and then methods for renewing it later), but no one is talking about getting a 3-month single entry visa upon arrival. Any help here would be much appreciated, since I'm hoping to stay in Nampula for 2.5 months!

Thanks.

Tallinn, Estonia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: visa from airport

Airpor visas are valid for 30 days and my be further extended to 30 aditional days at any "Serviços de Migração" office BEFORE the end of the first 30 days.

You can allways drive to the MALAWI border to buy an additinal border visa reentering Mozambique.

7. Re: visa from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mozambique