We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maputo to vilanculos

uk
1 post
1 review
maputo to vilanculos

is it possible t o hire a car one way?

alternatively are there any tourist groups that make the journey on a regular basis?

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
60 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: maputo to vilanculos

Hey dude..

I would not reccomend driving.The roads are Sooooo bad and the police so corrupt.Our group got stopped 7 times by the "police" and fined for just about ecerything...eg wearing flip flops! Its ridiculous.PLUS vilanculous is ages from maputo.Get the bus and stop ove rin Inhambane.Its 7 hours from maputo to inhanbane then another 10 up to Vil.

Enjoy!

Janet

Boston...
Level Contributor
851 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: maputo to vilanculos

For me, and I took the Oliveras bus, it was 9 1/2 hours from Maputo to Inhambane. If you're thinking of driving/bussing all the way to Vilanculos, all I can say is: don't do it!

I was going to take the bus from Inhambane to Vilanculos, but ended up flying instead: $52 on LAM, one hour flight as opposed to $23 for the bus and 10 hours. Best $29 I ever spent! I don't know the cost of flights from Maputo, but they can't be that much.

3. Re: maputo to vilanculos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mozambique