We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Hi

I was really hoping someone could assist with your expertise on Mauritius hotels. We going on honeymoon in March 2015 and we have narrowed it down to Beachcomber as they seem reputable.

Our ideal honeymoon. We are looking for all-inclusive or half-board hotel that has modern rooms with beautiful view, cocktails at the beach, romantic dinners and lively bars with music some nights. Mixture of both, romance when we feel like it and bit of entertainment in the evenings and activities in the day.

Not sure which Beachcomber hotel is the best for this or other hotel. I looked at Dinaborin (but reviews says it too quiet) Paradis (seems lovely) Shandrani (great full inclusive package), Le Cannonier and Le Trousstok not part of Beachcomer.

Suggestions and comments on which one offers romance and lively bars at hotel or in walking distance would be great... I would appreciate it.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,365 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Shandrani would be my first choice for its AI package.

I would also consider Paradis and Le Mauricia.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

I agree with Preston about Shandrani. Although I haven't stayed there I think what they offer is very competitive. Shop around for the best deals as they can vary from agent to agent, week to week and class of ticket on the flight!

We've stayed at Le Mauricia, Le Victoria and Paradis. Have visited Le Cannonier and Dinorobin. Paradis is fantastic but I'm not sure if they do All Inclusive. It wasn't available when we stayed there in 2010. All Beachcomber hotels have entertainment in the bar area every night. It's usually a local band or DJ plus a dance show of some kind - sega, Indian, cabaret etc.

If you fancy getting out of the hotel in the evenings to experience Mauritian night life then Le Mauricia is ideal as it's 5 minutes walk to Grand Baie. That said it doesn't have the same fantastic beach as Shandrani, Paradis or Le Victoria so it's a bit of a trade off. If it was my honeymoon and I could stretch my Rands I'd opt for either Shandrani or Paradis.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,521 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Another vote for Shandrani - lovely hotel and the best AI package in Mauritius IME:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g488102-d4…

Also look at Trou aux Biches Resort - I visited it when it reopened last year after a total rebuild and it really is a superb resort. with a fabulous beach and lovely grounds.

Location wise its perfect too being within walking distance of the small village with its restaurants, bars and shops.

The bus stops outside and you can be in Grand Baie within 20 mins.

They dont do an AI package but do a FB option which includes some drinks with meals.

This meets most of your criteria :)

beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/trou-aux-biches…

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Thanks everyone for you replies, really appreciate it!

So the top contenders seems like it is Shandrani, Paradis and Trou aux Biches Resort.

They all seem lovely. I will get some more quotes. Dee how was Le Victoria, two agents pushed for that, which seems nice, however not sure which hotel between Le Vic and Cannonier would be better, seeing that you have been there

Just a note. The all inclusive is not a must, just seems wiser, as we have been in Spain were took full-board and it was so worth it! However full-board is also option.

So if you guys had a choice between these 3 which one would you guys opt. for?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Le Vic would win hands down over Le Cannonier in my book. Rooms are huge and the general layout and feel of the hotel is much nicer. We had lunch at Le Cannonier and we felt that we could have been inland as the sea isn't really close to the pool, bar and restaurant. In fact, to get to the boat house for water sports you have to walk over a small hill. At LV all the common areas and rooms are very close to the beach which is lovely. The layout reminded me very much of Paradis with the rooms in crescent shapes on either side of the reception and dining area.

Marple, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Hi

Ive only been to the Shandrani and the All Inclusive as this was my first time having it was great. Fridges in room filled and crips and peanuts, Snacks in the afternoon if you miss Lunch, some of the restaurants were open at lunch as well as the Buffet , Man in van delivers sandwiches on the beach , the drinks are great i tried loads of cocktails :) .

Nightly music finishes aroud 22:30 to 23:30 but after of day of enjoying the Shandrani im quite tired and ready for bed . Two main bars the smaller is lovely and if you meet people you are not bothered about the music and chat all night .If you go here not sure about bars local as couldnt see any after our 10 mins to the Airport, we did trips and cycling , golf and snorkling . You can have barbies on the beach , we couldnt as it rained . got the say the people here are so NICE and Polite and will do anything to make your holiday an experience to remember and cherish as it has to me and my husband :)

Congratulations when the time comes

Clare

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

I'm not sure if the Shandrani will meet all your needs, I'm not trying to do it down (I'm off their myself this time next week!), I would not say the night life is slightly lively and the rooms are not very modern and certainly have no 'wow' factor on the flashy front if that's what you.re after. They are not poor by any means, they are just not what sells the resort.

If you can look beyond Beachcomber, I would have a good look at 'Long Beach', I've not been but its part of another well regarded group and was considering it and from reading reviews on here, it sounds like it could be exactly what you're looking for!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298342-d2100…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,521 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Superbenj the refurbed deluxe rooms at Shandrani are very modern?

Ours certainly was.

Marple, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

Hi

Look at my pics for the deluxe rooms , i thought they had the wow factor :0 .

yes the entertainment isnt lively but we can get that at home , we went for restaurants and relaxing and enjoying the surroundly and cocktails and mmmmmmmmmmm Heaven :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,521 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BeachcomberHotel for young couples, lively bars & romance

I also have pics of the deluxe room - but ignore the captions as TA messed up when they captioned - I let it be as it makes me laugh every time I see them:)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g488102-d4…