We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Le Telfair next week on honeymoon - any tips?

London
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Le Telfair next week on honeymoon - any tips?

I don't want anyone to say anything to put us off our chosen accommodation, but it would be great if you could give me some last minute tips...

* Dress code

* Mosquitos

* Things to do / places to see

* Snorkelling - ius it worth taking our gear?

* Places to eat - in / out of the resort

And anything else that we might need to know.

Thanks

LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 hotels in Belle Mare
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#2 of 12 hotels in Belle Mare
Tamassa Resort
Tamassa Resort
#1 of 6 hotels in Bel Ombre
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Le Telfair next week on honeymoon - any tips?

Hi, we were married at LT last month and enjoyed a great 2 week stay, you will love it i'm sure.

Dress code evenings - Smart casual, basically no shorts, flip flops, vests etc - generally well observed by most guests. Smart jeans seemed to be acceptable.

Mosquitos - Take usual precautions (deet) but nothing too bad here.

Things to do - We preferred to chill in resort but there are things to do, dolphin watching excursion seemed popular, and hiring a driver for a day is a wise move if you want to check out the island. The shopping is not special in Mauritius.

Snorkelling, LT seemed to provide the equipment and the water is clear and the coral reefs are lovely. The hotel beach / lagoon has everything you need.

Eating out - Anabella's is great but can become a bit tiresome if you are on half board. Gin'ja is lovely but we felt it was a little pricey and your half board supplement doesn't go far. The real bonus is the Chateau as you can eat from an a la carte or half board menu. It's not open every night which is a real pity , by far the best food and setting within the resort. Not many dining options outside of the resort although I heard very good things about the food in the Heritage next door.

Have a good time, you should love it and will really relax.

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Le Telfair next week on honeymoon - any tips?

Thanks MandN - some useful info there.

I had heard that Gin'ja was a good place to eat, but also that it was a tad pricey! Shame, but worth a try I suppose... It's good to hear that Chateau is included for the half board.

I think we're just planning on chilling out too, so probably wont get out much. We might do some snorkelling though.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Gin'ja
Gin'ja
234 Reviews
Mauritius