We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
7 posts
Save Topic
August

I'm going to Mauritius in August and I hear its winter ,so I was wondering is the water sports still be there and how is the weather in August ? Also is okay to wear a bikini there ?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,362 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August

Hi Sara,

Welcome to Mauritius forum.

No problems with bikinis - normal holiday wear :)

Weather wise you are correct it is winter then but not a problem. The only advice we give is that its better to stay north, north west or west in July/August and avoid the east and south coasts.

This is because the south easterly trade winds are stronger in those months and they can make it feel cooler some days.

Check out this website which gives average weather conditions month by month and for the different areas:

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

Quatres Bornes
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August

Hi Sara,

No worry...Mauritius is no Saudi Arabia!

As Bronia said, avoid the South East and Eastern parts of the island. It's cold over there and very windy.

Mentioned in this post
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
Middle East
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August

I'm going to Mauritius tomorrow and will stay there for 5 nights. Well, it's July, but I don't think there would be much of a difference from July to August.

If you want I could try and give you the info you're looking for. A service minded random dude just showed up. :)

Staying in Flic en Flac at Hilton Mauritius Resort and Spa.

// Carl

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: August

Thank you for your answers , but I'm going there for the water sports like parasailing and undersea walk and I heard that there is sky diving so I'm pretty exited . But I'm afraid that the weather will spoil my holiday .

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,958 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August

Where are you staying in Mauritius? If north or west the weather should be fine. We only warn people against the east and south in August due to the trade winds.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: August

Im staying near Pereybere beach .

Mentioned in this post
Pereybere
Pereybere
Mauritius
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,362 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August

No problem - I am here at the moment and will be until August.

I have a second home at Pereybere and spend 6 months of the year here.

Its been hot and sunny up to now - its really only the east and south that's a problem in July and August:)

Mentioned in this post
Pereybere
Pereybere
Mauritius
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: August

Thank you so much for your replay .

What should we pack ? Do we need heavy clothes ?

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: August

Bronia , if you don't mind can i have your email to communicate because we need guide there ?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,958 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: August

No need for heavy clothes. Shorts and t shirts are fine with perhaps a long sleeved top for the evenings if you are sitting outside. It will be in the high 20's during the day and low 20's in the evenings. Although, coming from the Saudi summer, it will perhaps feel cooler to you than to most of us.