We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Beach Resort

4 posts
Save Topic
Crystal Beach Resort

This hotel was also recommended, le Cannonier or this? Anybody stayed here and could give feedback?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Beach Resort

If you are going early September I wouldn't consider Crystal Beach Resort as it is on the east coast which may well be windy at that time. How about Le Mauricia?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Beach Resort

I visited it when it first opened last year and TBH it had a lot of teething problems. Not sure if they have built the spa yet.

I would avoid the east coast that time of year too - it can still get windy and some days that lowers the temp.

Have you checked the reviews?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1182872-d255…

Edited: 6:42 am, May 24, 2013
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Beach Resort

There are so many good hotels in this category (price bracket) that you will find something that is right, I'm sure.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,036 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crystal Beach Resort

I agree Dee - lots of good hotels out there.

I just had a quick look through the reviews and though a lot are positive it still gets negatives - and the spa is not built so it should drop the "spa" bit of its name that is still on the reviews and its website as its false.

What other hotels are you considering womanbee?

You do want to get it right for such an important birthday.

5. Re: Crystal Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 26, 2014