We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius or Seychelles?

Argentina
Level Contributor
394 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Mauritius or Seychelles?

We are making the arrangements for a trip to Southafrica on April.

We plan to spend some days on one of the beautiful islands, but we are not sure weather to go to Seychelles or Mauritius. We are looking for blue crystalline waters to go snorkeling or scuba diving, and if possible white sanded beaches to spend the days just doing nothing.

Can you help us make our minds?

Mentioned in this post
11. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, February 20, 2013
Edited: 4:35 pm, February 20, 2013
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

In my defence, please count again as I have reviewed three hotels. The last was in 2012.

avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

Mauritius!!!!

Most amazing place and why is it amazing...

the people! The happiest and friendliest people in the world...!!!

: )

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,193 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

Even if it comes late my post wants to be a very honest comparison between the two countries. I found Mauritius as a very developed country with nice and cheap hotels compared with the hotels from Seychelles. Together with my girlfriend we stayed with 90 euro per day BB basis at Coin de Mire Hotel and with 170 euro AI at Le Meridien Ile Maurice. These prices are much lower than what Seychelles hotels tend to offer. Sunset beach or La Reserve rarely have fares below 220 euro per day and they include only breakfast. Mauritius has great ways of spending the day from cheap catamaran trips to walking with lions, from discovering sugar cane plantations and tea plantations to rhumeries tours, interesting geological sites or enormous lily flowers at Pamplemousses. Also I found food and drinks cheaper in Mauritius than in Seychelles.

What attracts me like a magnet in Seychelles are the deserted beaches full of granite boulders of brown, grey, pink or black colour, the predator free islands where I can watch hundreds of thousand of birds on 2-3 square kilometres or the marine life including the whale sharks that make my vacation the perfect one.

People are really nice in both countries, rarely I could see in a country people offering a tourist a ride to the hotel for free but this happened several times to me both in Mauritius and Seychelles.

Mauritius is the country where I would like to spend my day to day life and Seychelles my vacation. Everything depends on budget and holiday priorities.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

Thanks, Mikiduta, for a very balanced view of the two islands!

Regards

Dee

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

I like your summing up of the two destinations Mikiduta, as everywhere it's what suits the individual.

Mauritius is easy to get around by road and you need only to stay in one hotel, but in The Seychelles you really must visit a few of the islands to get a feel of it, they are all different, this could inhibit those who are not good in boats and the less mobile - some we visited by Zodiak.

Of course there are people who go to both places and never leave their hotels/resort for the duration. They don't know what they're missing.

Mazza :-)

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

Seychelles is any day too expensive as compared to mauritius so be little cautious before choosing any destination.

Mentioned in this post
18. Re: Mauritius or Seychelles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014