We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sos weather in flic and flac area

ath
athens
5 posts
Save Topic
sos weather in flic and flac area

hallo, I am staying in hilton mauritius in mid august, can anyone tell me if it is possible to swim there in august winter time?I am very much concerning about if the sea and the area in warm enough to swim and get some tan! please advise me as soon as possible( i have still time to change plans)!

Mauritius
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sos weather in flic and flac area

Hi can you come later in the year?? or can you change to a hotel more in the nORTH??

That's all what there is to it... In winter, we have abt 17 to 20deg c at night, but with a chilly wind in the evening, as sun sets.

During the day, it's abt 26/28deg c.

There are 2/3 deg diff betwn North and West, North being warmer

The sea is at 22/24.

It's also a question of what weather and temperatures you expect..

August last year was rainy and strong winds, sunnier in the North of the country..

Read the weather reports in the archives of the Express Newspaper

then you will see by yourself.

Have a nice day and if u need some more infos, don't hesitate to contact me privately.

Kindly

isa-mauritius.

Sydney, AUS
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sos weather in flic and flac area

It is possible to swim in Mauritus all year round - in all parts of the island.

Reading posts on this forum, one could easily get the impression that the North is the *only* place to be. Wrong. Mauritius is not a large island and although every place does have microclimates, it is also impossible to predict what kind of weather you'll have.

Yes the north is nice but then again, so is the west. The difference in weather between the two is marginal at best and the beaches are equally nice, especially around Le Morne.

Another thing which people seem to discount is the freedom to travel around the island to see the place and to enjoy its many facets, including other beaches. So don't be sucked into the stress, if not agony, of having to make the "right choice" of coastland. I can assure you that It's not that simple and definitely not that important.

Enjoy your trip and do go out and about to have a proper look at the place.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sos weather in flic and flac area

I agree prof, I have posted a note a few weeks ago about people plugging only the north. I have a couple of colleagues who had great holidays last July on the East and West coast.

I booked a holiday at the Heritage in the South of the island and after reading the reviews almost cancelled it. Fortunately I spoke to other people who had been there and got a more objective opinion!

Sydney, AUS
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sos weather in flic and flac area

Thank you.

Your post has also reminded me of another delicate issue. It is people who make a great holiday, not the right weather, the right coast, the right hotel, the right currency, the right adaptor, the right mozzie spray, or the right airline.

I think it's about time peope realised that given the stress level of some of the questions on this forum. What would a holiday be without a bit of drama, challenge or unusual events? Geez, I'd thought it was called life! Being on holiday overseas is about enjoying a different environment and way of life. So just roll with it and enjoy the positive aspects of being away from one's comfortable home environment.

izmir
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sos weather in flic and flac area

Thanks for the replies. I was concerned about being down in a bungalow in Le Morne during the middle of August, but I guess it should be ok. I'm looking for beach that isn't too crowded.

6. Re: sos weather in flic and flac area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 12, 2009