We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast

avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast

How accurate are the 7-10 day weather forecasts? The reason I ask is that MRU is a tropical island so when it says rain i gather these are short bursts of rain?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast

Avicov, you are right that it's often short showers. And usually at night. Obviously it also depends on the time of year. During the rainy months you will get more rain in certain areas. It tends to rain far more in the inland mountainous regions than at the coast.

In SA I can pick up long range forecasts for MRU but only for Port Louis, on one particular site, so the weather on the south coast could be totally different. Can't judge the entire island's weather on that prediction.

Mentioned in this post
Port Louis
Port Louis
Mauritius
avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast

Hi dee

I am heading off this weekend for 2 weeks but some of the long forecast for Le Morne next week shows rain… so hopefully nothing too much to ruin the sun on my face! Lol

I had the same issue when we went to the Maldives. An island in the middle of the Indian Ocean is difficult to forecast for any weather site I think. I expect because of the heat and humidity that there is a breaking point and some rain is good to cool things down a little.

Mentioned in this post
Le Morne
Le Morne
Mauritius
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast

On our first trip I felt like a real fool on the first day. It started to rain while I was on the beach so I packed up all my goodies and was about to head for our room when the sun reappeared!!! No one else on the beach had moved a muscle as they knew the rain would pass really quickly.

Le Morne is gorgeous - you are going to love it. Have a wonderful holiday and let us know all about it when you get back, please.

Dee

Mentioned in this post
Le Morne
Le Morne
Mauritius
avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast

Thanks Dee... i won't worry too much about the rain. At least it isn't like cold London here! : )

I will put a trip report up on the new St Regis and my travels! Hopefully if there is decent wifi I can post a few reports up!

Cheers

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,348 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast

Avicov stop stressing!!

The weather here is fabulous and hot and sunny with blue skies so stop worrying!

The long term weather forecasts are notoriously wrong.

I will update you daily as from now on.

Think maybe we had a tiny spot of rain the other night but I only knew about it because the patio was a tiny bit damp in the morning. Absolutely NO rain at all in the day.

October and November are the driest months and are living up to their hype - the local papers are already saying the resevoirs are not full enough already -cue water rationing!

Bronia :)

avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast

Thanks Bronia. I'm not too worried!

Good thing is that St Regis has officially opened today!

Finally....

Lol

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,348 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast

Today: Hot, sunny blue skies with temps above normal, averaging 33C in the day and 23/24C at night.

No rain.

Great that St Regis opened today finally!

Have a good flight!

Bronia :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,348 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast

Today: Hot and sunny again - went down to Point aux Piments just below Trou aux Biches and very hot on the beach this afternoon.

Have a good flight tomorrow Avicov and a big welcome to Maritius for Sunday!

Bronia :-)

9. Re: Weather forecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 22, 2013