We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Hello

I'm getting married at the heritage on the 09th November 2012. I can't wait I'm so excited!!! Just abit nervous about my hair & make up situation. I'm booked in with the hairdresser at the resort, has anybody used her before? And how does the day work? We have a solo guitarist etc, will that be during or after the service? I've emailed hotel but they kept telling me our wedding co-ordinater will greet us upon arrival to discuss, but I'm too impatient lol!! Help.

Also has anybody holidayed there before as I'm wondering whether or not I need to pack an iron, or would I be able to get one when I'm there?

And lastly, do the men have to wear long trousers all night? Or are they able to change into shorts once they've eaten in the restaurant?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Hello,

My Aunt got married here in AUg. We used the hairdresser and our hair looked beautiful, we were very impressed.

The wedding co-ordinators do honestly deal with everything very swiftly, so please dont worry.

Men do have to wear long trousers and closed shoes after 7pm at night anywhere in the resort, so unfortunately no changing into shorts - unless you sit on your balcony?

Pack an iron, as there's no irons in the room & you need to use the landry facilities if you need ironing, which are fairly cheap - but if you take your own travel iron its easier.

Have a great trip!!

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Thankyou. Did the hairdresser have pictures from you to choose from or did you take a picture for her to copy?

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

She had photos! My aunt had a trial in the uk and took photos if how she wanted it? Then changed her mind when she got there and she preferred the way the hotel did it.

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Hello,

I wish you all the very best for your wedding at Heritage Awali.. All i can tell you is that i had my honeymoon there and it was exceptional. My husband and i really spent unforgettable moments there. We were very happy by the special attention and warm welcome that we had during our stay there.

Hope you'll have a nice time too and congratulations for your wedding..!

Burton Bradstock...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Hello,

I am getting married at this hotel in January. I would be grateful if you could let me know how yours went.

What exactly happens at the Supreme Court etc . Does it run smoothly or is there lots of paperwork and questions?

I am booked in to have my hair and make up done, let me know any feedback.

Did you do any of the watersports?

And what is the food like?

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Hey,

All I can say is the word perfect wouldn't be good enough to describe our wedding day! It really blew us away at how beautiful it was. Our wedding co-ordinater was called Nadine and she was brilliant. She went out of her way to make our day special and nothing was to much of an ask... The photographer is amazing to. I've been back for a week now, and still look at my pictures about a dozen times a day lol.

I initially booked to get my hair and make up done, but after my trial I decided to just get my hair done and do my make up myself. My hair was beautiful, I had took a picture with me of what I wanted, but the lady did it a million times better. I was very impressed. It looked gorgeous!

The Supreme Court was ok, I was expecting to be gone all day, but we were only there an hour tops, not many questions, only 2 bits of paper to sign. You are met by a guide, so he takes you where you need to go, etc, so it's all nice & easy. It took us longer to get there, then we were actually there.... & the hotel provide a nice car & driver to take you there too!

We did some water sports - pedelos, kayaks, water ski-ing. They are all free and you can do them as much as you like!

The food is 5 star. The main restaurant bafalon is a buffet style but still very nice. We ate in all the restaurants and enjoyed them all. The hotel book you in, so don't worry about not getting in them, like what some people say on here. When we were there the Hotel was fully booked and we still ate in all the restaurants more then once, and never had any trouble booking them. Even though there was 12 of us! It's such a well organised hotel, you would never of thought it was fully booked , it never seemed over crowded!

Any more questions on wedding day, hotel etc let me know. I'm happy to help!!!

7. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, November 23, 2012
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Ps - we are going back for our 1 year anniversary!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

Aw nice to hear you had a great time Vicki, I had my hair done and she did an amazing job!

Everything sounded perfect! Congratulations!

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting married at the heritage awali Mauritius in November

We are getting married in April 2013 please let me know how it was for you

Thanks

Norma Thompson

Edited: 9:45 am, November 24, 2012