We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

I haven't been able to get TripAdvisor to list this lovely B & B (motel) under accommodations or restaurants in Mzuzu, but I REALLY feel that it merits mention.

We stayed here one night after our first choice of accommodation was not available. We could not have been more pleased! It was one of the nicer places that we stayed in Malawi. It is a small venue on the Nkhata Bay Road to the east of Mzuzu (across from the Mzuzu Nature Sanctuary). If you are not self-driving, PT may be difficult to access. However, when coming from Nkhata Bay, we're told that the bus will let you off in front.

Our rooms were not ensuite, but we were only steps away from two very clean, private bathrooms, with good hot water and great water pressure (big pluses!). They were better than some of the private bathrooms elsewhere.

Our hosts could not have been nicer and run the delicious kitchen themselves. Pine Tree also offers a full-service menu and others eating there had driven out from town especially for their meal. The food was excellent.

While PT is listed as a "budget" accommodation in the Bradt guide, we found it superior to the other places that we stayed. The even better news is that their prices did fall into the budget category.

Cluj-Napoca
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems like a lovely place. I will keep it in mind for my next trip to Malawi, and to the lake. :)

Did they have mosquito nets also for the beds? I find it a fundamental asset for a good place to sleep in.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

Yes, they definitely had nets on the beds in the double room. I did not see the set up in their 4-bunk room, but I can find out for you later this week.

Be sure to order dessert!

Cluj-Napoca
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

No hurry in that. It's not like I will be going to Malawi in the next days, rather like in the next years.

Thank you. I appreciate it!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

Sorry, nobody remembers about the nets in the bunk-bed room. Many days, many rooms....

5. Re: Pine Tree B & B, Mzuzu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, July 09, 2013