We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malawi over Xmas and New Year -how much will it rain

Stockholm
Level Contributor
262 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Malawi over Xmas and New Year -how much will it rain

I am thinking of visiting my daughter in Blantyre over the Xmas and New year period. I understand that the rains have already started. But what are we talking about. Is it just a heavy shower each day or is it constant rain all day and every day?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malawi over Xmas and New Year -how much will it rain

Hi Blantyre is fairly high up, so rains tend to be high, forcast for this season are that rainfall around Christmas in the southern region may be higher than normal due to the "El Nino" effect.. Unfortunately weather is not as predictable as it used to be. Not constant rain every day. More likely a good storm for several hours, then a mainly dry period, which may last several days, and be cloudy rather than sunny with showers. But who knows!

Ivan

2. Re: Malawi over Xmas and New Year -how much will it rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 09, 2011