We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying to malawi

Greenwood...
3 posts
Save Topic
flying to malawi

Try to avoid flying Air Malawi. They have two working planes and are most undependable. We were stranded three days in Johannesburg before Air Malawi could get us to Lilongwe via South African Airways.

Offthecuff

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flying to malawi

Kenya Airways and Ethiopian Airways from Heathrow are the best options since BA stopped flying there, both ending up in Lilongwe.Ethiopian is usually cheaper of the two, and is more direct, having only a short stopover in Addis Adabba, its some years since I flew with them, and the service was good with modern aircraft. Unfortunately my plans to go there last year were somewhat spoiled by 2 heart attacks, otherwise I could be a bit more specific. Current fares are in the region of £4-500, depending on dates. If they fly from UK then they must meet the strict standards of the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK. Friends of mine go to Malawi regularly, at least twice a year, and they always go with Ethiopian.

Mr.Ivan

2. Re: flying to malawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 24, 2009