We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Madagascar flight schedule

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Air Madagascar flight schedule

Hi Madagascar experts,

The Air Madagascar website is in French and I don't know if I can trust Google translate so can anyone confirm for me what the Air Madagascar flight schedule for Joburg/return is? By this I mean, how many flights per day, the actual flight times and are they the same throughout the year?

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
685 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

The website used to have a link to a PDF that contained their whole schedule, but I can't find it any more. Someone else might be able to give you the actual schedule but I can tell you:

1. No more than once a day and not always every day

2. Flight times are not the same every day and normally no, schedules can and do change

If you use the "programme de vols" tool (in the Réservation et achat menu on the home page) on the Air Madagascar website you get the flight times. You select the city of departure from the top drop down menu, the city of arrival in the bottom drop down menu, choose your departure and return dates, and you will get the flight details for the dates around those which you have chosen.

Perhaps someone else (one of our travel agent advisors) has a link to the full schedule?

Good luck :)

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
286 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

Hello ,

they only fly to/from JNB on Tuesdays and Saturdays as below. This schedule is valid until March 2014.

The other option is the SAA flight on that leg, a bit expensive but it runs like clockwork everyday.

Tuesday:

B 737 - 300 ARR DEP

MD124

ANTANANARIVO 0600

JOHANNESBURG 0820

MD125

JOHANNESBURG 0920

ANTANANARIVO 1320

Saturdays

MD124

ANTANANARIVO 1250

JOHANNESBURG 1510

MD125

JOHANNESBURG 1610

ANTANANARIVO 2010

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

Not at all what I wanted to hear but maybe I'll wait for the schedule that comes out in March. Thank you for your quick replies.

CA
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

I suggest you do a reality check if you're using a local travel agent. I found a flight that worked perfect for my itinerary on Air Mad's website when planning the trip. Unfortunately my travel agent assured me that no such flight exist. Bummed me out, but it beats planning a trip around a phantom flight!

Also we found Air Mad highly unreliable - every flight was delayed on our trip, and ones was almost cancelled. Our driver called Air Mad Air Maybe - maybe your plane leaves, maybe not!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
129 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

Would like to jump into this by asking our Madagascar experts about the reliability of Air Madagascar from Paris (CDG) to Tana. It will save us about $400 per person because AirMad gives a 50% discount on internal flights if you use them internationally. Know about the unreliable internal flights, but more concerned about getting there. Can also take Air France for more money. We are working with Cortez Travel, who specializes in only Madagascar, so they would be able to answer your scheduling questions about JNB leg. If you are interested, you can contact susan@cortez-usa.com for info on air schedules.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

Hi there,

Be very careful when booking your flights with Air Madagascar if you are expecting a 50% discount!

I followed the link on the Air Madagascar website in the section that offers the 30% - 50% discount and followed all the pages and rules. At the end there was no discount.

I eventually found out that I should have booked with a local agent (not direct with Air Madagascar online) or called their call centre. When I tried to cancel my 6 flights and rebook, I was told that my international flight from Nairobi wasn't an international flight so wouldn't have counted anyway and it is a "regional flight" which doesn't even appear as a category (same as Marituius and only seem to mean CDG Paris). I have a CDG flight but apparently I still wont get my discount even if I cancel this flight booked with another comany and rebook everything with the local agent as .... the CDG flight is not return. No where on the site can I find any reference to the conditions since emposed on my booking, but I suspect if you need a return flight from Paris to Madagascar, and you book via your local agent or their call centre, you may get the discount you expected (would be interested to know if you do).

It seems the goal posts are constantly moving with this booking and I should just accept that I have lost the $280 discount I was expecting.

I didn't believe what everyone was writting about them and thought that the problems were really with delays and not customer care. I wasn't expecting to be ripped off until I got there!!!!!!

So disapointed and very very poor customer service.

Hope this helps

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
129 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

Thanks so much for the info. I actually got prices from Cortez Travel (they specialize in Mada and have booked my internal travel), with r/t flights from CDG to Tana and 4 internal flights. There was about a 40% discount on the internals. However...with Air France (without the internal flight discount), if you buy non-refundable tix (the cheapest, and I always buy trip insurance), it was only about $100 per person more. Decided to go with Air France. Had another friend who booked directly with Air Madagascar for internal flights and said it was a nightmare. Had to have a friend who spoke French confirm that she had booked the right flights. Lucky I found Cortez (through a friend who had used them previously). My French stinks. Have fun. We're going in October.

8. Re: Air Madagascar flight schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Antananarivo