We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa how long

England, United...
Level Contributor
877 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Visa how long

I'm British and my partner Mauritian how long can we stay in Madagascar for ? And what do we need to prove on entering .

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa how long

You can stay up to three months on a tourist visa. if you stay up to 30 days, it's free. Up to 60 days it will cost €60.

You need to show your return flight as prove.

You do not need photo's and you can optain your visa upon arrival.

Wendy

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
1,183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa how long

So there is no price difference at the airport or thru my embassy? At the airport is it a fairly easy quick process ??

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa how long

No, it's goes African slow, but loading of the suitcases goes slow also.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
1,183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa how long

Is the thirty day free at the airport?

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa how long

yes, it's free. You just have to show your return ticket, so be sure you have a printed version of your e-ticket.

Wendy

Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa how long

We just returned from Madagascar and acquired our visas prior to leaving home; with the hopes of avoiding standing in line. We were glad we did. We flew in from Paris on a huge plane full of people waiting in line for a free visa; one agent issueing visas. The line for having a visa will be shorter. And please make note of Wendy's description of "African slow"...she knows what she is talking about.

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa how long

On the Madagascar Consulate website it says $35 (USD) for the 30-day visa and $84 for 90 days. Do I understand correctly that you have to pay for the visa if you get it in advance but that it is free on arrival? Thanks.

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa how long

Hi Sebastian,

The information on different websites can vary a bit. I can insure you that you can obtain the visa for 30 days for FREE upon arrival.

Enjoy, Wendy

Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa how long

Sebastian

The Visa is still free if you attain it before arriving in Madagascar . The only cost is the cost of shipping/mail to and from the embassy in Washington DC. We sent and received back the passport with the visa in approx 1 week time: speedy by my standards. Note: I did send by a traceable method; Fed Ex or UPS with a tracking number.

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa how long

Any thoughts on getting it at the Consulate in Nairobi? Worth the effort in order to skip the wait time at the airport upon arrival?

Edited: 11:49 am, September 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Antananarivo