We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a family memmber in ambalavao

Laurel, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
looking for a family memmber in ambalavao

the main reason for my travel to madagascar is to reconnect with my family member from my fathers side in ambalavao, antsirabe, and tananarive. ambalavao is where im originally from and grew up. went to catholic school there.I havent been back since 74. my families last names are Ratsimba and randrianarison, i have lost in touch with them since i have been here in the United States. Any advice would be much helpful for my travel to Ambalavao.

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a family memmber in ambalavao

Ambalavao is a small town so I think it won't be difficult to find your family.

As how to get there. You can rent a car or go with public transportation if you are on a limited budget. Ambalavao is the next big town after Antsirabe going South from Antananarivo on the national rosd nr 7.

if you don't speak any Frenmch or malagasy it's helpful to rent a car as the driver can help you locate your family and be your translator.

Good luck finding them and enjoy,

Wendy

Laurel, Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a family memmber in ambalavao

Hi Wendy, thank you for replying to my message. yes Ambalavao is a small town. i can still remember a whole lots of things from there, the place and the streets i use to play,lol i also use to speak malagasy and french as well but since i have been here in the states i have forgoten most of it. i am going to madagascar either way this summer. just really trying to meet someone in the meantime.

Yves Vincent Randrianarison.

3. Re: looking for a family memmber in ambalavao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:02 pm, June 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Antananarivo