We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperate in Tana-Need a camera charger or battery for Canon

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Desperate in Tana-Need a camera charger or battery for Canon

I am in Madagascar and forgot my camera charger for my Canon 40D. I will be in Tana tomorrow and need a camera shop that I might be able to find a charger or compatible battery for my camera. I will truly cry if I came 1/2 way around the world and will not be able to take pictures in this amazing country. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desperate in Tana-Need a camera charger or battery for Canon

Posted at Fodor's as well:

Very sorry to hear this.

I found this in a guidebook as a recommended store:

DMT Photo

45, Rue Ratsimilaho Ambatonakanga

BP 4404

ANTANANARIVO

MADAGASCAR

Tél: +261(20) 22 622 19

Fax: +261(20) 22 626 53

Internet

email: dmt@dmt.mg

Also, just an idea in case you're not getting the matter resolved in town, perhaps a duty free shop at the airport might have one??

As a stop gap, Canons are pretty popular. Perhaps keep an eye open for others with similar camera at the place you are staying and ask to borrow charger so you can recharge.

Best of luck, Steve

Edited: 11:59 am, October 05, 2011
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desperate in Tana-Need a camera charger or battery for Canon

Might as well add this here too:

One other thought. Whenever my son travels and loses/forgets his phone charger, he asks the hotel if he can look through their lost and found of chargers, which are often left behind. If you are at a hotel you could ask to do a similar search. You never know?! I have two chargers that work for the 40D battery: the CG-580 (came with the 40D) and the CB-5L (which came with the original Rebel digital).

Spokane Valley...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desperate in Tana-Need a camera charger or battery for Canon

There is a large camera shop by Hotel Colbert and the main post office in Antananarina (up the stairs from Analakely). If you head up the stairs from Analakely and come to the top where you can see Shoprite, turn left towards the post office and just follow that road (Lalana Ratsimilaho). Go past the post office and the photo shop will be on your left.

4. Re: Desperate in Tana-Need a camera charger or battery for Canon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Antananarivo